- not out16100016.66Extras17 (b 4, lb 11, w 2)TOTAL603 all out (158.2 Overs, RR: 3.8, 725 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-193 (Jay Bista, 38.2 ov), 2-209 (Akhil Herwadkar, 41.3 ov), 3-272 (Shreyas Iyer, 54.1 ov), 4-434 (Aditya Tare, 103.5 ov), 5-512 (Suryakumar Yadav, 128.5 ov), 6-526 (Abhishek Nayar, 136.4 ov), 7-526 (Dhawal Kulkarni, 138.1 ov), 8-572 (Siddhesh Lad, 153.4 ov), 9-585 (Iqbal Abdulla, 155.5 ov), 10-603 (Shardul Thakur, 158.2 ov)
- not out16180016.66absent hurt-Extras10 (b 4, lb 6)TOTAL306 all out (99.5 Overs, RR: 3.06, 463 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (Srikar Bharat, 12.3 ov), 2-55 (Faiz Fazal, 19.4 ov), 3-110 (Jayant Yadav, 37.1 ov), 4-126 (Sudip Chatterjee, 44.1 ov), 5-128 (Naman Ojha, 46.3 ov), 6-187 (Sheldon Jackson, 65.3 ov), 7-201 (Stuart Binny, 71.5 ov), 8-292 (Jaydev Unadkat, 96.1 ov), 9-306 (Karun Nair, 99.5 ov)
- not out413250030.76Extras4 (b 4)TOTAL182 all out (51.2 Overs, RR: 3.54, 240 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (Akhil Herwadkar, 0.4 ov), 2-3 (Shreyas Iyer, 1.4 ov), 3-42 (Jay Bista, 9.6 ov), 4-62 (Aditya Tare, 15.1 ov), 5-116 (Suryakumar Yadav, 28.4 ov), 6-149 (Abhishek Nayar, 37.3 ov), 7-164 (Dhawal Kulkarni, 46.6 ov), 8-165 (Siddhesh Lad, 48.1 ov), 9-182 (Shardul Thakur, 49.6 ov), 10-182 (Iqbal Abdulla, 51.2 ov)
- not out59761104177.63not out1923212082.60Extras6 (lb 1, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL482/6 (129.4 Overs, RR: 3.71, 562 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-66 (Srikar Bharat, 23.2 ov), 2-176 (Sudip Chatterjee, 61.6 ov), 3-306 (Faiz Fazal, 93.5 ov), 4-336 (Karun Nair, 101.4 ov), 5-353 (Naman Ojha, 106.3 ov), 6-445 (Stuart Binny, 123.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Sun, 06 Mar - day 1 - Mumbai 1st innings 386/3 (SA Yadav 88*, AP Tare 38*, 83 ov)
- Mon, 07 Mar - day 2 - Rest of India 1st innings 36/1 (FY Fazal 18*, J Yadav 1*, 16 ov)
- Tue, 08 Mar - day 3 - Mumbai 2nd innings 2/1 (JG Bista 1*, 0.4 ov)
- Wed, 09 Mar - day 4 - Rest of India 2nd innings 100/1 (FY Fazal 41*, SD Chatterjee 17*, 37 ov)
- Thu, 10 Mar - day 5 - Rest of India 2nd innings 482/6 (129.4 ov) - end of match
Over the last two years he has proved himself in sticky situations in domestic cricket repeatedly. Can he deliver on the big stage?
Rest of India capped off the third-highest chase in Indian first-class cricket at the Brabourne Stadium by scaling down a target of 480 against Mumbai to lift the Irani Cup
Mumbai took giant steps towards making it a grand double this season, as they bowled out Rest of India in a little over three sessions to take a monumental lead
Jay Bista brought up his maiden first-class century as a strong batting show by Mumbai's top order flattened a depleted Rest of India attack on the opening day of the Irani Cup
Each of Mumbai's top six reeled off fifty-plus scores as the 41-time Ranji Trophy champions piled on 603 against Rest of India in the Irani Cup
No. of higher totals in Irani Cup by Ranji Trophy winners, than the 603 by Mumbai in this match. Delhi had made 628/8 in 1980-81 and Karnataka 606 in 2013-14.
No. of times a team's first six batsmen all made scores of 50 or more in an innings in Irani Cup, before Mumbai batsmen in this game.
Last time Mumbai's top five batsmen all scored 50 or more in an innings in first-class matches, before this - vs Gujarat, Valsad, Ranji Trophy 2010-11.
Consecutive 50+ scores for Shreyas Iyer in First-Class matches, including his half-century today in Irani. He scored 81, 90, 58 and 117 in QF, SF and final of Ranji.
Runs scored by Jai Bista for Mumbai U-23 vs MP U-23 in the final of CK Nayudu Trophy last week. He scored 104 in the Irani Cup today.
Runs added by Herwadkar-Bista, which is the biggest opening p'ship for Mumbai in FC since the 247-run added by Rahane-Kukreja v Karachi Urban in Karachi in 2007-08.
No. of wins for Mumbai in Irani Cup, in their last seven appearances. The last they won it was in 1997-98 but overall they have won 15 times in 28 attempts.
Number of times in the last ten seasons, the Ranji Trophy winner won the Irani Cup. Both by Karnataka in the last two seasons. Rest of India team have won the other 8.