West Indies Women
South Africa Women
The following points system will apply:
Tie or no result 1
In the event of teams finishing on equal points in its Group, the right to play in the semi-finals will be decided in the following order of priority:
- The team with the more wins in the Group stage will be placed in the higher position.
- If there are teams with equal points and equal wins in the Group stage then in such case the team with the higher net run rate in the Group stage will be placed in the higher position .
- If following the net run rate calculation above there are teams which are still equal, then the team with the higher number of wickets taken per balls bowled in the Group stage in which results were achieved will be placed in the higher position.
- If still equal, the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.
- If all matches within a Group are a no result, the top two seeded teams in each group will progress to the semifinals.
If a semi-final is tied, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team progresses to the Final. Details for one over per side eliminator.
If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, or if the match is a no result, then the Group winners shall progress to the Final.
In the event of a tied Final, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team is the winner. Details for one over per side eliminator. If weather conditions prevent the one over eliminator from being completed, the teams shall be declared joint winners.
In the event of a no result, provided weather conditions permit, the teams shall compete in a one over per side eliminator to determine which team is the winner. If weather conditions do not permit, the teams shall be declared joint winners.
Net Run Rate
A team's net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the relevant portion of the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the relevant portion of the competition.
In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of the net run rate of both teams shall be based on the full quota of overs to which the batting team would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2's Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by Team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final Target Score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team's refusal to play, either by the match referee in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 20 overs of the defaulting team's innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.