In the news
- Rashid has dismissed Rohit Sharma twice in five innings. On the other hand, Rohit has a favourable match-up against Lockie Ferguson - a strike rate of 230 across all T20s without being dismissed. Titans could throw Rashid early in the mix to extend Rohit's misery with the bat.
- On the contrary, Rashid doesn't have great numbers against Tim David. David has hit him for 36 runs off 19 balls without getting out. While Suryakumar Yadav has scored only 32 runs off 28 balls against Rashid, the legspinner is yet to dismiss him as well. Together David and Suryakumar could neutralise the Rashid threat.
- Three of Bumrah's five wickets this season have been left-handers. Three of the Titans top six are left-handers and it could well be a chance for Bumrah to add a few to his tally. He has dismissed Rahul Tewatia once in two meetings but is yet to dislodge David Miller in seven innings.
Stats that matter
- Mumbai have bowled 40.3 overs of spin in this season so far, the second-fewest after Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Bumrah has gone wicketless in six out of the nine games so far. He did worse only in 2014 when he was wicketless for seven games out of the first nine.
- Titans' average opening partnership has been 22 runs. Only Kolkata Knight Riders (14.40) have done worse this season.
- Mohammed Shami had just one wicket in four games against Mumbai Indians till IPL 2018. Since 2019, he has 11 in six meetings against them.
S Sudarshanan is a sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo