Standings are updated with the completion of each game
21.10.1 The following points system will apply to the Group stage matches:
Tie or No result 1
21.10.2 Group Stage - refer to clause 21.5.
21.5 Law 21.5 (a) - A Tie
The following shall apply in addition to Law 21.5 (a):
In the event of a tied match in the Group Matches, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine the winner. (refer to Appendix 7). If the Super Over is unable to be completed the result will be a tie and the points distributed as per clause 21.10.
In the event of a tied match in the final, qualifying or ranking stage the provisions of clause 21.10.3 and 21.10.4 shall apply.
21.10.3 Qualifying Stage and Ranking Matches
In the event of a Qualifying Stage and/or Ranking Match being tied the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine the final positions (refer to Appendix 7).
If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is a no result, the teams shall be ranked according to their final position at the end of the group matches. If still equal the ordering of teams will be decided in the following order of priority:
- i) the team with the higher net run rate in all matches throughout the tournament will be placed in the higher position (refer to 21.10.5 below for the calculation of net run rate)
- ii) If still equal, then the team which was the winner of the head to head match played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- iii) In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.
In the event of a tied Final the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner. refer to Appendix 7.
If weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is a no result:
- i) the teams shall be declared joint winners, and
- ii) for ranking purposes the following shall apply:
- iii) the team with the higher net run rate in all matches throughout the tournament will be placed in the higher position (refer to 21.10.5 below for the calculation of net run rate)
- iv) If still equal, then the team which won the most number of head to head matches played between them will be placed in the higher position.
- v) In the highly unlikely event that teams cannot be separated by the above this will be done by drawing lots.
21.10.5 Net Run Rate
A team's net run rate is calculated by deducting from the average runs per over scored by that team throughout the competition, the average runs per over scored against that team throughout the competition. In the event of a team being all out in less than its full quota of overs, the calculation of its net run rate of both teams shall be based on the full quota of overs to which the batting team would have been entitled and not on the number of overs in which the team was dismissed.
Note: Any play during a Super Over is excluded from these calculations.
Only those matches where results are achieved will count for the purpose of net run rate calculations. Where a match is abandoned, but a result is achieved under Duckworth/Lewis, for net run rate purposes Team 1 will be accredited with Team 2's Par Score on abandonment off the same number of overs faced by Team 2. Where a match is concluded but with Duckworth/Lewis having been applied at an earlier point in the match, Team 1 will be accredited with 1 run less than the final target score for Team 2 off the total number of overs allocated to Team 2 to reach the target.
In circumstances where a match (and the points for such match) is awarded to a team as a result of the other team's refusal to play, either by the Match Referee in accordance with Law 21.3 (a)(ii) as read with playing condition 21.3 or in accordance with the provisions of the relevant event agreements signed by the participating teams, the net run rate of the defaulting team shall be affected in that the full 20 overs of the defaulting team's innings in such forfeited match shall be taken into account in calculating the average runs per over of the defaulting team over the course of the relevant portion of the competition. For the avoidance of doubt the runs scored and overs bowled in such forfeited match will not be taken into account when calculating the net run rate of the team to whom the match was awarded.
21.10.7 In the event of any dispute the Event Technical Committee may be called on to make a ruling and its ruling will be final.