34,273 runs and counting
- 24 years - Span of Sachin Tendulkar's illustrious Test career. He will retire with the fifth longest career ever. If the second Test against West Indies goes into the fifth day, he would have played Test cricket for a span of 24 years and 3 days.
- 34,273 - Runs scored by Tendulkar in internationals, the most anyone has scored. This includes 15,837 runs in Tests, the most any batsman has scored, and 18,426 runs in ODIs, another record.
- 50,024 - Runs in first-class, List A and Twenty20 matches, put together. Tendulkar is the 16th batsman to aggregate 50,000 or more career runs.
- 13,408 - Runs Tendulkar scored in Tests batting at No. 4. He has scored 4502 runs more than the next batsman on that list, Jacques Kallis. He has also scored 44 of his 51 Test centuries at that position, which is ten more than what Kallis has at No. 4.
- 100 - Centuries in international cricket by Sachin Tendulkar, 29 more than the next batsman on the list. Tendulkar has hit 263 fifty-plus scores, again, the most by any batsman.
- 2541 - Runs scored by Tendulkar in 1998. The first of only six batsmen to score 2500 runs or more in a year. Tendulkar is one of only two batsmen to score 2000 or more international runs in a year five times. Kumar Sangakkara is the other.
- 20 - Hundreds Tendulkar scored against Australia, the most any batsman has scored against a team. He has hit ten or more centuries against three teams - Australia, Sri Lanka and South Africa - one of the only two batsmen to achieve this feat, along with Ricky Ponting. Tendulkar has hit 11 centuries against Australia in Tests, the fourth highest for a batsman against a team.
- 12 - Centuries by Tendulkar in 1998, the most any batsman has scored in a single year. His seven Test centuries in 2010 is the joint-second highest for a batsman in Tests.
- 28 - Scores in the nineties by Tendulkar, double the number for the next batsman on the list.
- 4 - Hundreds in consecutive Tests by Tendulkar, one of 14 batsmen to do it.
- 6 - Number of times Tendulkar hit 1000 runs or more in a calendar year in Tests, the most by any batsman. (Click here for a list of batsmen to hit 1000 runs or more in a year.) He also holds the record for scoring the most ODI runs in a year - he scored 1894 ODI runs in 1998. Tendulkar scored 1000 or more runs in ODIs in a year seven times, a record.
- 76 - Number of Man-of-the-Match awards won by Tendulkar in his career, the most by any player. He won 14 awards in Tests and 62 in ODIs. His 62 awards is a record in ODIs.
- 2044+ - Fours hit in Tests by Tendulkar, the most any batsman.
- 17 years, 107days - The age at which Tendulkar scored his first Test century, against England at Old Trafford. At that time he was the second youngest to hit a century after Pakistan's Mushtaq Mohammad. Now, he's the third on the list after Mohammad Ashraful of Bangladesh and Mohammad.
- 10 - Fifties in consecutive Tests by Tendulkar, one of only five batsman to hit fifties in ten or more consecutive Tests.
- 12,400 - Partnership runs added by Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly in international cricket, the most by any pair. Tendulkar has added 6920 Test runs with Rahul Dravid, which is the most by any pair in Tests.
- 38 - Century partnerships Tendulkar has put on with Ganguly in all international cricket, the most by any pair. The next pair on that list is Tendulkar and Dravid, with 31 centuries. Tendulkar and Dravid have added 20 century partnerships in Tests, which is the most by any pair.
- 7 - Number of Test teams against whom Tendulkar has scored 1000 or more runs. He is one of only two batsmen, the other being Dravid, to achieve this feat.
Shiva Jayaraman is a sub-editor (stats) at ESPNcricinfo