PCB lifts ban on Naved-ul-Hasan
The one-year ban on Rana Naved-ul-Hasan was lifted on Saturday by the PCB, clearing the way for the fast bowler to be considered for national selection once again.
Rana was one of seven players banned or fined earlier this year by the board following a disastrous tour to Australia; the other six have already had their punishments lifted or reduced on appeal - Mohammad Yousuf did not appeal but is back in the national fold - and this decision means that each one of the seven has now been pardoned. Rana and Younis Khan apart, the others have all played for Pakistan since.
"Rana's one-year ban has been lifted and his Rs 2 million fine has also been halved," Taffazul Rizvi, the board's legal advisor told ESPNcricinfo.
The overturn came a day after Pakistan announced their Test squad for the South Africa series but Rana believes he still has a future with the national side. "Obviously this is a great relief for me as it's been hanging over my career for a few months now," Rana told ESPNcricinfo. "But I'm confident I can get back into the Pakistan side. I'm fit, I'm bowling well and I believe I can contribute."
Rana is scheduled to take part in the PCB's Twenty20 domestic tournament for reigning champions Sialkot Stallions from Sunday. If he is not part of Pakistan's winter plans, which include a tour to New Zealand, he will turn out for Tasmania in the Big Bash as he did last season.