- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Waqar Younis31771305040.25b Mushtaq Ahmed4451748086.27c Saeed Anwar b Waqar Younis1225271048.00lbw b Mohammad Akram54951228056.84b Waqar Younis10621725711048.84b Mushtaq Ahmed1745680137.77b Wasim Akram540430012.50c Inzamam-ul-Haq b Wasim Akram521270023.80c †Moin Khan b Waqar Younis055000.00not out518310027.77b Wasim Akram24122050200.00Extras23 (lb 12, nb 10, w 1)TOTAL326 all out (99.2 Overs, RR: 3.28)Fall of wickets: 1-64 (Alec Stewart), 2-85 (Nasser Hussain), 3-116 (Mike Atherton), 4-205 (Graham Thorpe), 5-248 (Nick Knight), 6-273 (Chris Lewis), 7-283 (Ian Salisbury), 8-284 (Dominic Cork), 9-295 (John Crawley), 10-326 (Alan Mullally)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Croft b Cork17626437826066.66c Cork b Croft4678947058.97c †Stewart b Mullally611361669044.85c Hussain b Mullally35801113043.75not out10022328910044.84run out (Lewis)1344671029.54st †Stewart b Croft40811134149.38b Salisbury2346712050.00c Crawley b Mullally218230011.11not out065000.00Extras25 (b 4, lb 5, nb 16)TOTAL521/8d (159.1 Overs, RR: 3.27)Fall of wickets: 1-106 (Aamer Sohail), 2-239 (Ijaz Ahmed), 3-334 (Inzamam-ul-Haq), 4-334 (Saeed Anwar), 5-365 (Asif Mujtaba), 6-440 (Wasim Akram), 7-502 (Moin Khan), 8-519 (Mushtaq Ahmed)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Inzamam-ul-Haq b Mushtaq Ahmed431441925029.86c Asif Mujtaba b Mushtaq Ahmed541001397054.00lbw b Mushtaq Ahmed51961158053.12c Wasim Akram b Mushtaq Ahmed924380037.50c Aamer Sohail b Wasim Akram1958952032.75c & b Mushtaq Ahmed817182047.05lbw b Waqar Younis422310018.18b Mushtaq Ahmed2633396078.78c Ijaz Ahmed b Wasim Akram616221037.50not out00300-b Wasim Akram011000.00Extras22 (b 6, lb 2, nb 13, w 1)TOTAL242 all out (82.4 Overs, RR: 2.92)Fall of wickets: 1-96 (Alec Stewart), 2-136 (Mike Atherton), 3-166 (Graham Thorpe), 4-179 (Nasser Hussain), 5-187 (Nick Knight), 6-205 (Chris Lewis), 7-220 (John Crawley), 8-238 (Dominic Cork), 9-242 (Robert Croft), 10-242 (Alan Mullally)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Knight b Mullally18100012.50not out29173350170.58not out1321211061.90Extras5 (nb 5)TOTAL48/1 (6.4 Overs, RR: 7.2)Fall of wickets: 1-7 (Saeed Anwar)
England , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Pakistan won the 3-match series 2-0
22,23,24,25,26 August 1996 (5-day match)
- Thu, 22 Aug - day 1 - England 1st innings 278/6 (JP Crawley 94*, IDK Salisbury 1*)
- Fri, 23 Aug - day 2 - Pakistan 1st innings 229/1 (Saeed Anwar 116*, Ijaz Ahmed 58*)
- Sat, 24 Aug - day 3 - Pakistan 1st innings 339/4 (Saleem Malik 2*, Asif Mujtaba 1*)
- Sun, 25 Aug - day 4 - England 2nd innings 74/0 (MA Atherton 26*, AJ Stewart 40*)
- Mon, 26 Aug - day 5 - Pakistan 2nd innings 48/1 (6.4 ov) - end of match
- Wasim Akram reaches 300 test wickets by bowling AD Mullally to finish England's 2nd innings.
- Man of the match adjudicator: Paul Allott.
- Post lunch session was briefly interrupted by rain.
- Waqar Younis dropped by Salisbury off his own bowling while on 0 and Pakistan Total at 520/8.
- Saleem Malik's 14th Test century, 4th against England. Pakistan declare immediately.
- 176 is Saeed Anwar's highest test score. His previous highest score was 169 against New Zealand at Wellington, 1993-94.
- Rain stopped play at the end of 92.5 overs in the Pakistani innings.
- Play restarted, 29 overs more to be bowled today.
- Rain stopped the play at the end of 94.3 overs.
- Rain interruption resulted in the loss of the entire morning session play. Tea will be taken 30 minutes late, at 16:10 BST.
- 67 overs to be bowled today or play will continue till 19:00 BST.
- Maiden test century for Crawley. He reached his century with an all run 4 to midwicket (not included in the number of boundaries scored by Crawley).
- Mullally dropped by Ijaz Ahmed at deep square leg off Waqar Younis when on 19, and England total at 321/9. He gets a single.
- Aamer Sohail crossed 2000 runs in test cricket.
- In the 20th over of the Pakistani innings a male streaker walked on to the field. Stewards remove him from the field.
- Croft picks up his maiden wicket off the 41st ball he bowled.
- Saeed Anwar's third century, first against England. 103 in 135 balls, 199 mins, 16x4.
- Atherton dropped by Asif Mujtaba off Wasim Akram when on 20.
- Crawley's highest score. His previous highest was 72 against Australia at Sydney, 1994-95.
- New ball taken for 90th over.