- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Murray b Holding418160022.22c †Murray b Roberts328490010.71c †Murray b Holding011000.00c †Murray b Holding44361009.30not out10020026611050.00c sub (AL Logie) b Croft1737542045.94c Richards b Garner2143741048.83b Garner21173520123.52c Gomes b Holding14110025.00b Holding2320066.66c †Murray b Croft1026561038.46Extras15 (b 1, lb 6, nb 8)TOTAL198 all out (68.1 Overs, RR: 2.9)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (Bruce Laird), 2-4 (Greg Chappell), 3-8 (Graeme Wood), 4-26 (Allan Border), 5-59 (Dirk Wellham), 6-115 (Rod Marsh), 7-149 (Bruce Yardley), 8-153 (Dennis Lillee), 9-155 (Geoff Lawson), 10-198 (Terry Alderman)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Border b Lillee11420007.14c Wood b Alderman18130012.50lbw b Lillee01016000.00b Lillee28140025.00c Alderman b Yardley29811061035.80c Chappell b Lillee551081754050.92c Hughes b Lillee4148586085.41not out3270900045.71c †Marsh b Lillee1823373078.26c & b Alderman27140028.57c Laird b Lillee710171070.00Extras13 (b 1, lb 3, nb 9)TOTAL201 all out (62.3 Overs, RR: 3.21)Fall of wickets: 1-3 (Faoud Bacchus), 2-5 (Desmond Haynes), 3-6 (Colin Croft), 4-10 (Sir Viv Richards), 5-62 (Sir Clive Lloyd), 6-134 (Jeff Dujon), 7-147 (Larry Gomes), 8-174 (Sir Andy Roberts), 9-183 (Michael Holding), 10-201 (Joel Garner)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Croft641462105043.83c †Murray b Garner46861185053.48c †Murray b Garner621350028.57b Holding661361902048.52b Holding848740016.66lbw b Holding25110040.00c †Murray b Holding214180014.28b Garner1317150076.47c †Murray b Holding0920000.00not out0717000.00b Holding11090010.00Extras14 (b 5, lb 4, nb 4, w 1)TOTAL222 all out (82.3 Overs, RR: 2.69)Fall of wickets: 1-82 (Graeme Wood), 2-106 (Greg Chappell), 3-139 (Bruce Laird), 4-184 (Kim Hughes), 5-190 (Dirk Wellham), 6-199 (Rod Marsh), 7-215 (Bruce Yardley), 8-218 (Allan Border), 9-220 (Dennis Lillee), 10-222 (Terry Alderman)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Lillee b Yardley281211823023.14lbw b Alderman038000.00b Alderman022000.00c Border b Lawson1936522052.77b Yardley2448851050.00c †Marsh b Yardley431631631026.38c †Marsh b Yardley1028511035.71lbw b Lillee1040850125.00lbw b Lillee711151063.63lbw b Lillee012000.00not out027000.00Extras20 (b 1, lb 10, nb 9)TOTAL161 all out (74.1 Overs, RR: 2.17)Fall of wickets: 1-4 (Faoud Bacchus), 2-4 (Sir Viv Richards), 3-38 (Sir Clive Lloyd), 4-80 (Larry Gomes), 5-88 (Desmond Haynes), 6-116 (David Murray), 7-150 (Jeff Dujon), 8-154 (Sir Andy Roberts), 9-154 (Joel Garner), 10-161 (Michael Holding)
Australia , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Australia led the 3-match series 1-0
26,27,28,29,30 December 1981 (5-day match)
- Sat, 26 Dec - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 10/4 (CH Lloyd 2*)
- Sun, 27 Dec - day 2 - West Indies 1st innings 187/9 (DA Murray 26*, J Garner 0*)
- Mon, 28 Dec - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 217/7 (AR Border 65*, DK Lillee 0*)
- Tue, 29 Dec - day 4 - West Indies 2nd innings 154/9 (MA Holding 4*)
- Wed, 30 Dec - day 5 - West Indies 2nd innings 161 (74.1 ov) - end of match
- Australia's win ended a West Indies sequence of 15 Tests without defeat since February 1980
- At 2.55pm on December 27, Lillee induced an edged stroke from Gomes to pass the world record of 309 wickets held by LR Gibbs (WI).
- Lillee achieved his best bowling figures in Tests with 7/83.
- Lillee equalled the record (held by SF Barnes and CV Grimmett) for most 10 wickets in a match when he completed the feat for the 7th time.
- Lillee took the record for most wickets in a calender year with 85 wickets in 1981 (previously 74 wickets by Kapil Dev in 1979).
- Holding's match figures of 11/107 is a record for West Indies v Australia
- Murray's 9 catches in the match is a West Indian record