- not out23192511121.05not out1391501144.44Extras6 (b 1, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL127/5 (20 Overs, RR: 6.35)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (Shikhar Dhawan, 3.6 ov), 2-35 (David Warner, 4.6 ov), 3-35 (KL Rahul, 5.1 ov), 4-87 (Naman Ojha, 14.1 ov), 5-96 (Eoin Morgan, 16.3 ov)
- not out16142910114.28not out651010120.00Extras7 (b 1, lb 2, w 4)TOTAL131/4 (20 Overs, RR: 6.55)Fall of wickets: 1-64 (Sanju Samson, 10.2 ov), 2-84 (Steven Smith, 13.2 ov), 3-91 (Karun Nair, 14.4 ov), 4-118 (Ajinkya Rahane, 18.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 35 runs, 3 wickets)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 50 runs in 8.4 overs (52 balls), Extras 4
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 54 balls (NV Ojha 25, EJG Morgan 24, Ex 3)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 100 runs in 17.4 overs (107 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: Sunrisers Hyderabad - 127/5 in 20.0 overs (RS Bopara 23, A Ashish Reddy 13)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 36 runs, 0 wicket)
- Rajasthan Royals: 50 runs in 7.3 overs (45 balls), Extras 5
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 45 balls (AM Rahane 25, SV Samson 20, Ex 5)
- Rajasthan Royals: 100 runs in 15.5 overs (95 balls), Extras 6
- AM Rahane: 50 off 46 balls (7 x 4)
In a team with Steven Smith, Ajinkya Rahane, James Faulkner and Tim Southee, centrestage might elude Dhawal Kulkarni and Pravin Tambe. But it would be hard to argue against their utility
Plays of the day from the match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals
Late drama turned a one-sided canter into a last-ball finish, but Rajasthan Royals, the team that had dominated 95% of the contest, won in the end and preserved their perfect record for the season
Ajinkya Rahane is an excellent limited-overs batsman, but he will need to reduce his dot-ball percentage to evolve into the finished article
Rajasthan Royals' win-loss record against Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League.
Number of boundaries conceded by Deepak Hooda in two previous matches this IPL. He had bowled 5 overs.
Total wickets lost by Sunrisers in the last five overs of an innings during the 2015 IPL. This is the fewest for any team.
Number of times that a team successful defended a sub-130 score during the 2014 IPL.
The most times a team has successfully defended a total of 130 or less in the IPL. SRH and RCB have done it twice each.
Teams whose opening pairs have scored 100+ runs this IPL - Sunrisers Hyderabad and Rajasthan Royals.
Number of Royals players who have scored 100+ runs this IPL (Rahane & Smith), no other team has more than one such player.
Rajasthan Royals' win-loss ratio against Sunrisers Hyderabad (4W, 2L), their best against any team playing this IPL.