- not out10102300100.00not out1981540237.50Extras1 (lb 1)TOTAL174/5 (20 Overs, RR: 8.7)Fall of wickets: 1-69 (Robin Uthappa, 7.4 ov), 2-77 (Shakib Al Hasan, 8.5 ov), 3-121 (Gautam Gambhir, 13.5 ov), 4-130 (Suryakumar Yadav, 15.5 ov), 5-145 (Andre Russell, 17.2 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out68498682138.77not out51172426300.00Extras5 (w 5)TOTAL178/4 (18 Overs, RR: 9.88)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (Parthiv Patel, 1.1 ov), 2-67 (Ambati Rayudu, 6.5 ov), 3-78 (Krunal Pandya, 8.6 ov), 4-106 (Jos Buttler, 12.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 59 runs, 0 wicket)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 5.2 overs (32 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 32 balls (RV Uthappa 32, G Gambhir 22, Ex 1)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 11.5 overs (71 balls), Extras 1
- G Gambhir: 50 off 39 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 17.4 overs (106 balls), Extras 1
- Innings Break: Kolkata Knight Riders - 174/5 in 20.0 overs (CA Lynn 10, YK Pathan 19)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 64 runs, 1 wicket)
- Mumbai Indians: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 2
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 27 balls (RG Sharma 23, AT Rayudu 27, Ex 2)
- Mumbai Indians: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (69 balls), Extras 2
- RG Sharma: 50 off 36 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- Mumbai Indians: 150 runs in 16.1 overs (97 balls), Extras 4
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 24 balls (RG Sharma 17, KA Pollard 31, Ex 2)
- KA Pollard: 50 off 17 balls (2 x 4, 6 x 6)
A comedy of errors littered Mumbai's fielding effort, but they still managed to get the last laugh thanks to Rohit Sharma and Kieron Pollard
Mumbai Indians batting coach Robin Singh lauded Kieron Pollard's maturity in finishing games after his unbeaten 51 off 17 balls sealed the game against Kolkata Knight Riders
Mumbai's captain, Rohit Sharma, hit ten boundaries en route to a 49-ball 68 to help his side comfortably crush Kolkata by six wickets in their Indian Twenty20 competition encounter played in Mumbai on Thursday.
The franchise's success over the last five seasons has been built around consistency of selection and a familial atmosphere within the squad
Several dropped catches marred Mumbai Indians' fielding effort, but they ran down a target of 175 with Rohit Sharma batting through the chase and Kieron Pollard coming into form
No. of teams including Mumbai that have won both league games against Kolkata Knight Riders in the last three IPL seasons. RCB beat them in both games last year.
Fifty-plus scores by Rohit sharma in the IPL - equals the most by any batsman. David Warner and Gautam Gambhir have also made 29 such scores.
Number of fifty stands between Rohit Sharma and Ambati Rayudu in just four innings in this IPL.
Runs in seven innings added by Mumbai Indians' opening stand other than their one fifty stand, which came against KKR in the away game.
Mumbai Indians' win-loss record chasing targets of 175 or more. Two of their five successful chases have come against Knight Riders.
Runs Gambhir had scored when Mitchell McCleneghan dropped him off his own bowling. McCleneghan got his wicket after Gambhir made 51 more runs.
Wickets lost by Kolkata Knight Riders in Powerplays in this IPL - the least by any team. Mumbai have lost 12, the most
Kolkata Knight Riders' win-loss record against Mumbai Indians - their win-loss ratio of 0.416 against Mumbai is their worst against any team from 3 or more matches.