Somerset 458 and 7 for 0 trail Durham 493 (Stoneman 122, Richardson 70, Collingwood 70) by 28 runs

With a day remaining the Championship match between Somerset and Durham at Taunton looks to be heading for a draw after the hosts ended the day 28 runs behind with all second-innings wickets remaining.

Replying to Somerset's first-innings total of 458, the visitors were all out for 493 which included a century for Mark Stoneman, 70 from both Paul Collingwood and Michael Richardson and half-centuries from Ben Stokes and Scott Borthwick.

At the start of the day, resuming on 163 for three off 44.3 overs, still 295 runs in arrears, opener Stoneman who was 78 not out overnight went to his second century of the season when he took a single to backward point off the final ball of the 51st over. His century arrived off 160 deliveries and included 16 fours.

New batsman Stokes looked untroubled by the Somerset bowlers and pulled Hussain to long-on to bring up the Durham 200.

Stoneman had moved onto 122 when Peter Trego bowled a slower delivery which he hit to short cover where Craig Meschede claimed the catch. The fourth-wicket partnership added 73 runs in just over 20 overs.

Stokes went to his half-century in style with a straight six off George Dockrell but seven runs later he was caught at mid-off by Arul Suppiah as he looked to drive left arm spinner Dean Elgar. Phil Mustard hit Elgar for consecutive boundaries to bring up the Durham 300 but after taking his score onto 30 at just less than a run a ball he was caught at deep square leg by Suppiah off Hussain.

Richardson joined Collingwood and both found batting easy in the sunshine at Taunton. The new batsman went to his half-century with a boundary off Dockrell to third man.

But on 70 he pushed a ball from Dockrell to backward point, set off for a single before realising that Overton had picked the ball up and returned it to keeper Alex Barrow who removed the bails, before he could regain his ground.

Collingwood and Richardson shared a partnership of 101 for the seventh wicket in 39 overs. Collingwood remained at the wicket until he was the last man out for 70, by which time the total had moved onto 493.

Batting for a second time 35 runs behind Somerset had moved on to seven without loss from the remaining four overs, Marcus Trescothick unbeaten on four and Nick Compton two not out.