- Titans could save an over or two of Rashid Khan for Dinesh Karthik. Karthik has helped Royal Challengers finish their innings strongly throughout the tournament but Rashid has dismissed him three times in 28 balls across all T20s while conceding only 30 runs.
- Royal Challengers might want to bowl Mohammed Siraj mostly through the middle overs. Siraj has an economy rate of 9.80 in the powerplay this season. At the death, it's 14.75. But he has been one of the most economical bowlers in the middle overs, going for only 6.27 runs per over. Royal Challengers could use him more in that phase, in much the same way Sunrisers Hyderabad do with Umran Malik.
Stats that matter
- Titans have hit the fewest sixes (59) in the tournament but the most fours (210).
- Saha has a strike rate of 138.40 in the powerplay this season. In the middle overs, it drops down to 97.53.
- Dayal has the worst economy rate (10.70) in the powerplay among bowlers who have bowled at least eight overs in that phase in IPL 2022. The second-worst is Joseph at 10.25. Siraj is third on that list.
- Mohammed Shami has dismissed Kohli five times in 60 balls while giving away 80 runs.
- Rahul Tewatia has smashed Harshal Patel for 40 runs off 21 balls without getting out.
- Among batters who have faced at least 50 balls against spin this season, Maxwell has the highest strike rate (200.00).
Hemant Brar is a sub-editor at ESPNcricinfo