Preliminary Round The points system is as follows:
Win, with bonus point - 5
Win, without bonus point - 4
Tie - 3
No Result - 2
Loss - 0
In the event of teams finishing on equal points, the right to play in the semi-finals will be determined in the following order of priority:
- The team with the most number of wins;
- If still equal, the team with the most number of wins over the other team(s) who are equal on points and have the same number of wins;
- If still equal, the team with the highest number of bonus points;
- If still equal, the team with the highest net run rate;
- The team with the higher runs to wickets ratio throughout the series.
In a match declared as no result, run rate is not applicable.
The team that achieves a run rate of 1.25 times that of the opposition shall be awarded one bonus point. A team's run rate will be calculated by reference to the runs scored in an innings divided by the number of overs.balls faced.
At the conclusion of the Preliminary Round, the team that finishes with the highest number of points will automatically progress and host the final at its main stadium.
The final will consist of one leg only, and will be contested between the host team and the winner of the qualifier.
Two days have been allocated in which a "No Result" match on the scheduled day will be replayed on the scheduled reserve day. In the event of a "No Result" match on the reserve day, the match shall be declared drawn.
In the event of a drawn match, the prize money will be shared equally between the two teams.
In the event of a tied match, the teams will participate in a one over per side eliminator over to determine a winner. (Refer Appendix 8 - Procedure for a one over per side eliminator over)