Misbah the leading six-hitter
Stats highlights from the Champions League Twenty20 2013
- 242 - Runs scored by Otago against Perth Scorchers in Jaipur, the highest total posted by a team in the Champions League. Click here for a list of highest team totals in the tournament.
- 34 - Runs Thisara Perera conceded off one over in the match against Chennai Super Kings, the most expensive over in the Champions League. Thisara's three overs went for 60 runs, the most expensive bowling figures of the series. MS Dhoni hit five sixes off that over; the most hit off one over in the series.
- 21 - Number of boundaries Otago hit in the match against Lions, which decided the winner after the Super Over tie. Lions had hit 20 boundaries and so ended up losing on boundary-count.
- 16 - Balls taken by MS Dhoni to hit the fastest half-century in the Champions League. Dhoni's strike rate of 331.57 in his knock of 63 against Sunrisers Hyderabad is the highest in the Champions League. Click here for a list of the fastest fifties in T20s.
- 13 - Number of sixes hit by Misbah-ul-Haq in this Champions League, the most by a batsman. Broom and Ryan ten Doeschate are next in the list with 11 sixes each. Overall, Keiron Pollard leads the list of six hitters in the Champions League with 45 sixes.
- 12 - Wickets taken by Tambe, the most by a bowler in the series. He took his wickets at an average of 6.50 and at a strike rate of 9.5, both of which are the best for any bowler who has taken ten or more wickets in a Champions League edition. Sunil Narine is next in the list with 11 wickets. Click here for a list of bowlers to take most wickets in a single series of the Champions League.
- 10 - Sixes conceded by Ravindra Jadeja, the most by any bowler in the series. Ishant Sharma conceded the highest number of fours - 23. Including the six sixes that were hit off his bowling, Ishant conceded the most runs in boundaries (128) in the series.
- 8 - Dismissals collected by Parthiv Patel in the series, the most by a wicketkeeper. Samson, who shone with the bat, is the next wicketkeeper in this list with six dismissals. Click here for a list of wicketkeepers with most dismissals in a series of the Champions League.
- 7 - Number of century partnerships in the series. Rajasthan Royals' Rahane and Sanju Samson were the only pair with two hundred partnerships in the series. Otago were the only other team in the series whose batsmen managed to put on two century partnerships. Click here for a list of hundred partnerships in the Champions League.
- 6 - Catches taken by Dwayne Smith in the series, the most by any fielder. Smith took three of them in the final against Rajasthan Royals, which is the most taken by a fielder in an innings in this Champions League. Smith equalled the record for most catches by a fielder in a single series of the Champions League. Click here for a list of fielders to take most catches in a season of the Champions League.
- 5 - Number of batsmen who scored 200-plus runs in the series. Rahane was the top-scorer with 288 runs in the series. Shikhar Dhawan, Dwayne Smith, Suresh Raina and Evin Lewis were the other batsmen to hit 200 or more in the series. Click here for a list of batsmen with most runs in a series of the Champions League.
- 4 - Number of half-centuries hit by Ajinkya Rahane in this Champions League, the most by any batsman. Rahane hit the fifties in consecutive matches, becoming the ninth batsman in T20s to hit four or more consecutive fifties. Click here for a list of batsmen who have hit half-centuries in three or more consecutive matches.
- 2 - Centuries hit in this Champions League. Lions' Quinton de Kock hit an unbeaten 109 against Otago in a league match at Jaipur that ended in a tie. Otago's Neil Broom hit an unbeaten 117 against Perth Scorchers at Jaipur. Click here for a list of centuries hit in the Champions League.
- 0 - Number of sixes hit off Pravin Tambe, who bowled 19 overs in the series, the only bowler to bowl 100 or more balls without conceding a six in the tournament.
Shiva Jayaraman is a sub-editor (stats) at ESPNcricinfo
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.