Matches (17)
IPL (2)
ENG v PAK (W) (1)
T20I Tri-Series (2)
County DIV1 (5)
County DIV2 (4)
CE Cup (3)
About
Also knows asWhitegate Park
Established1924
Named AfterLord Derby (Stanley was the family name)
Capacity8,000
End NamesPavilion End, Nursery End
Flood LightsNo
Home TeamsLancashire
PitchGrass
Current Local Time09:58, Mon May 20, 2024
Blackpool Cricket Club were in existence as long ago as 1890, but it wasn't until 1924 that the 256-acre site known as Stanley Park was gifted to the Blackpool Corporation and, as part of a massive development, a cricket pitch was laid and a pavilion and stands were built in 1925. In 1957 an additional stand, at a cost of £6000 was constructed, and attendances for both club and county matches have always been healthy.
Lancashire first played at Blackpool in 1905 and, with the exception of a 13-year gap from 1910 to 1923, have been regular visitors ever since. The record attendance was 13,872 for the Championship match against Glamorgan in 1950.
Martin Williamson
Notes