- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Butcher b Malcolm716231043.75b Gough613181046.15c Hussain b Gough715350046.66b Gough525231020.00c †Stewart b Caddick1220313060.00c Ealham b Malcolm821311038.09c †Stewart b Caddick012000.00lbw b Caddick48131050.00c Malcolm b Caddick47466280102.17c Butcher b Caddick1728423060.71not out1390033.33Extras4 (nb 2, w 2)TOTAL118 all out (31.5 Overs, RR: 3.7)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (Matthew Elliott), 2-15 (Mark Taylor), 3-26 (Mark Waugh), 4-28 (Greg Blewett), 5-48 (Steve Waugh), 6-48 (Ian Healy), 7-48 (Michael Bevan), 8-54 (Jason Gillespie), 9-110 (Michael Kasprowicz), 10-118 (Shane Warne)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Healy b Kasprowicz813162061.53c †Healy b McGrath24100050.00c Elliott b Gillespie1833523054.54c †Healy b Warne20733743738061.42c Bevan b McGrath13824529019056.32c †Healy b Kasprowicz11419007.14not out531311717040.45c †Healy b Kasprowicz2456704042.85c †Healy b Kasprowicz098000.00lbw b Bevan0711000.00Extras27 (b 4, lb 7, nb 15, w 1)TOTAL478/9d (138.4 Overs, RR: 3.44)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (Mike Atherton), 2-16 (Mark Butcher), 3-50 (Alec Stewart), 4-338 (Graham Thorpe), 5-345 (John Crawley), 6-416 (Nasser Hussain), 7-460 (Robert Croft), 8-463 (Darren Gough), 9-478 (Andy Caddick)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Croft6611314512058.40c & b Croft12929639611143.58c Butcher b Croft12522830019154.82lbw b Gough331001353033.00c Hussain b Gough2441454058.53c †Stewart b Gough1780014.28c Atherton b Ealham3048665062.50c & b Ealham3234515094.11c Butcher b Ealham021000.00run out (Crawley/Gough)0611000.00not out00100-Extras37 (b 18, lb 12, nb 5, w 2)TOTAL477 all out (144.4 Overs, RR: 3.29)Fall of wickets: 1-133 (Matthew Elliott), 2-327 (Mark Taylor), 3-354 (Greg Blewett), 4-393 (Michael Bevan), 5-399 (Mark Waugh), 6-431 (Steve Waugh), 7-465 (Ian Healy), 8-465 (Michael Kasprowicz), 9-477 (Jason Gillespie), 10-477 (Shane Warne)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Kasprowicz14101520140.00not out5765879087.69not out4054717074.07Extras8 (b 4, lb 4)TOTAL119/1 (21.3 Overs, RR: 5.53)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (Mark Butcher)
Player Of The Match
- Thu, 05 Jun - day 1 - England 1st innings 200/3 (N Hussain 80*, GP Thorpe 83*)
- Fri, 06 Jun - day 2 - England 1st innings 449/6 (MA Ealham 32*, RDB Croft 18*)
- Sat, 07 Jun - day 3 - Australia 2nd innings 256/1 (MA Taylor 108*, GS Blewett 61*)
- Sun, 08 Jun - day 4 - England 2nd innings 119/1 (21.3 ov) - end of match
- A thunderstorm stopped play for 50 minutes with Australia on 399/5.
- Bevan was the runner for Gillespie and was involved in the mixup in Gillespie's run out.
- Mark Waugh was taken to hospital with stomach pains.
- Highest test scores for both Hussain and Thorpe.
- Record 4th wicket partnership for England v Australia, by Hussain and Thorpe, 288 (off 461 balls in 294 mins), beating the previous mark of 222 (Hammond and Paynter, Lords, 1938).
- Rain stopped play 78 minutes before the scheduled close.
- Gillespie injured (hamstring) after bowling 10 overs.
Sure Australia were plagued by injuries, but Nasser Hussain gave the English fans hope this year would be different