- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Keulder b van Vuuren24243340100.00b van Vuuren152151193180100.66not out1121191736494.11not out771310100.00Extras16 (lb 2, nb 1, w 13)TOTAL311/2 (50 Overs, RR: 6.22)Fall of wickets: 1-46 (Virender Sehwag, 7.5 ov), 2-290 (Sachin Tendulkar, 47.4 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRlbw b Khan921271042.85b Mongia2930694196.66lbw b Khan0129000.00c Mongia b Harbhajan Singh419260021.05lbw b Harbhajan Singh0611000.00c & b Mongia2750531154.00c †Dravid b Yuvraj Singh2461501039.34c Mongia b Yuvraj Singh1731292054.83c †Dravid b Yuvraj Singh318280016.66c Srinath b Yuvraj Singh56101083.33not out046000.00Extras12 (lb 1, nb 3, w 8)TOTAL130 all out (42.3 Overs, RR: 3.05)Fall of wickets: 1-19 (Stefan Swanepoel, 5.2 ov), 2-21 (Louis Burger, 7.4 ov), 3-43 (Danie Keulder, 12.5 ov), 4-47 (Jan-Berrie Burger, 13.3 ov), 5-47 (Gavin Murgatroyd, 14.6 ov), 6-98 (Deon Kotze, 31.6 ov), 7-99 (Melt van Schoor, 33.2 ov), 8-124 (Burton van Rooi, 40.3 ov), 9-124 (Bjorn Kotze, 40.6 ov), 10-130 (Gerrie Snyman, 42.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
- India's total is the highest innings total on this ground in ODIs (previous: 126/0 Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, 2002/03)
- SR Tendulkar's score is the highest on this ground in ODIs (previous: 69* MS Attapattu, Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, 2002/03)
- When SC Ganguly reach 80* he completed 500 runs in World Cups
- SR Tendulkar's score is his highest in World Cups (previous: 140* v Kenya at Bristol, 1999)
The instructions were carried out to the letter, as India first piled up a mammoth score - 311/2 - and then used spin to tighten the screws on an inexperienced Namibian side, skittling them for 130 and winning easily by 181 runs.