- not out36232621156.52not out11400100.00Extras7 (lb 4, w 3)TOTAL180/5 (20 Overs, RR: 9.0)Fall of wickets: 1-62 (Kane Williamson, 7.2 ov), 2-75 (Colin Munro, 8.5 ov), 3-127 (Martin Guptill, 14.3 ov), 4-132 (Corey Anderson, 15.2 ov), 5-164 (Luke Ronchi, 18.6 ov)
- not out15132400115.38not out1181000137.50Extras9 (lb 5, w 4)TOTAL158/5 (20 Overs, RR: 7.9)Fall of wickets: 1-65 (Sharjeel Khan, 5.3 ov), 2-79 (Khalid Latif, 8.2 ov), 3-96 (Ahmed Shehzad, 12.2 ov), 4-123 (Shahid Afridi, 15.1 ov), 5-140 (Umar Akmal, 17.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 55 runs, 0 wicket)
- New Zealand: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (34 balls), Extras 6
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (MJ Guptill 34, KS Williamson 11, Ex 6)
- MJ Guptill: 50 off 33 balls (5 x 4, 3 x 6)
- New Zealand: 100 runs in 11.6 overs (72 balls), Extras 6
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 32 balls (MJ Guptill 35, CJ Anderson 17, Ex 0)
- New Zealand: 150 runs in 17.3 overs (105 balls), Extras 7
- Innings Break: New Zealand - 180/5 in 20.0 overs (LRPL Taylor 36, GD Elliott 1)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 66 runs, 1 wicket)
- Pakistan: 50 runs in 3.6 overs (24 balls), Extras 3
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 24 balls (Sharjeel Khan 42, Ahmed Shehzad 6, Ex 3)
- Pakistan: 100 runs in 12.5 overs (77 balls), Extras 8
- Pakistan: 150 runs in 18.5 overs (113 balls), Extras 9
Martin Guptill's 48-ball 80 proved to be the decisive innings in New Zealand's 22-run win over Pakistan, that helped them qualify for the semi-final of the World T20 played, in Mohali on Tuesday.
A visibly angry Waqar Younis has labelled Pakistan as "not good enough," after a defeat to New Zealand, which might cost them a shot at making the semi-finals
Stats highlights from the World T20 match between New Zealand and Pakistan in Mohali
Mitch Santner's first over cost 15 but by the end of Pakistran's strangled run chase his left-arm spin had again given New Zealand the look of potential finalists
On the eve of his team's must-win match against New Zealand, Shahid Afridi feels Pakistan are playing good cricket but are being held back by small mistakes
No. of boundaries hit by Pakistan in the last five overs when the require run rate was 11.60. They just scored 35 runs and lost the game by 22 runs
Runs scored by Pakistan in the Powerplays, which is their best in World T20 and joint-best against top-8 teams in all T20Is.
No. of 50+ opening stand for Pakistan in their last ten T20I innings, before this match. Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shahzad have put up fifty-run p'ship today.
Mohammad Amir's economy in this match, which is the worst when he has bowled all four overs in T20Is and third-worst overall.
No. of wickets for Afridi in World T20s - most by a bowler. He has gone past Malinga (38) with his dismissal of Corey Anderson.
Runs scored by Guptill against Pakistan in T20Is, which is the third-highest by a batsman against a particular team. Guptill has scored 424 v SA & Duminy 378 v Aus.
No. of partnerships of 50 or more between Guptill and Williamson, in their last 10 innings they opened together in T20Is including today.
NZ's win-loss record against Pak in their last four T20Is. Overall, Pak lead 8-6 in the previous 14 T20Is; 4 of those wins came in the first four matches between them.