Water and Power Development Authority's third defeat of the season - by 82 runs to National Bank of Pakistan - cost them a place in the Quaid-e-Azam Division One final. Set to chase 304 on the final day at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore, a win would have given WAPDA six points and taken them to first place in the table. After losing opener Asif Khan for a duck, Rafatullah Mohmand and Imranullah Aslam set about building their chase. They scored briskly, taking WAPDA to 93 for 1 before left-arm spinner Raza Hasan had Aslam caught behind for 38. After Bilal Khilji fell quickly, Hasan struck again, bowling Mohmand for 51, to reduce WAPDA to 102 for 4.

Ammer Sajjid and Ali Azmat attemped to revive their side's fortunes, adding 57 before Pakistan fast bowler Wahab Riaz bowled Azmat for 33. Hasan's fellow left-arm spinner, Qaiser Abbas, took over from that point, taking four of the final five wickets to fall - Hasan grabbing the other - as WAPDA capitulated for 221 from 63.1 overs. Abbas ended up with 4 for 57, and 8 for 111 in the match.

The result means the QEA final will take place between Pakistan International Airlines and Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited at the National Stadium from December 20 to 24. The final will be a day-night game, and will be played using pink balls.

Mohammad Imran and Prince Abbas took eight wickets between them to set up Sialkot's 185-run win over Faisalabad at the Jinnah Stadium in Sialkot. Needing to make 380 on the final day for victory, Faisalabad were never in with a realistic chance of winning the game but instead of their batsmen settling in for the long haul, most of them chose to attack the bowling. Zeeshan Butt made 50 from 59 balls and Shoaib Shah a more patient 44 from 79, but given the approach of the majority - nine of the 11 batsmen had strike-rates over 60 - Faisalabad succumbed in 50.3 overs. Abbas ripped through the lower order to finish with 4 for 95, while Imran finished with 4 for 77.

Battling half-centuries from Faraz Patel and Javed Mansoor helped Karachi Blues secure a draw with Islamabad at the National Stadium in Karachi. Having begun the day still trailing by five runs, Karachi needed a strong batting effort to save the game. Yasir Mushtaq fell early on the final morning but Patel and Mansoor were up for the fight, scraping together 98 runs before Mansoor fell leg-before to Nasrullah Khan for 56. At that point, the lead was only 93 but Patel fought on, batting for four hours and five minutes for his 77 as Karachi posted 303 and set Islamabad 170 to win. The openers added 78 in 25 overs as the game meandered to the close.