Matches (14)
West Indies v India T20I Series (1)
CWG 2022 (2)
Men's Hundred (1)
BDESH-A in WI (1)
RL Cup (8)

Lord's - A brief timeline

A brief timeline of major events at Lord's

2005 Pavilion undergoes £8.2 million redevelopment
1999 Media centre (aka the gherkin) opened at the Nursery End
1998 Women admitted as members of MCC and allowed into the pavilion for the first time
1996 Old grandstand demolished at the end of the season and work on new grandstand (Architect: Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners) started (completed in 1998)
1995 New indoor school opened
1991 Compton and Edrich stands (Architect: Michael Hopkins & Partners) opened after a contentious building programme which ran over budget and over time
1990 First public tour of Lord's
1988 Electronic scoreboard used for the first time
1987 Bicentary of MCC marked with a game between MCC and Rest of the World. New mound stand (architect: Michael Hopkins and Partners) opened.
1977 New indoor school opened.
1976 First women's match (England v Australia ODI)
1975 First World Cup final (Australia v West Indies)
1968 New Tavern Stand opened (architect: Kenneth Peacock.)
1963 First limited-overs final (Gillette Cup, Sussex v Worcestershire)
1958 Warner Stand opened on site of old A enclosure (architect: Kenneth Peacock.)
1953 Coronation Garden opened
1949 First time former players are honoured with life membership
1938 First televised Test match (v Australia)
1934 Q Enclosure (renamed the Allen Stand in 1989) opened (architect: Sir Herbert Baker.); Harris Memorial Garden opened
1926 Grandstand opened (architect; Sir Herbert Baker) and topped with the Father Time weathervane, a gift from the architect
1923 Grace Gates opened (architect: Sir Herbert Baker) as a tribute to WG Grace, "The Great Cricketer"
1909 Imperial Cricket Conference (subsequently the International Cricket Council) formed. It retained its headquarters at Lord's until 2005
1899 Albert Trott becomes the first -and to date only - man to hit a ball over the current pavilion
1898 Old Mound stand built on the site of the tennis courts, and new court built behind the pavilion
1890 Pavilion built (architect: Frank Verity) at a cost of £21,000 and constructed in eight months
1888 Lord's future threatened by a plan to compulsorily purchase an area of land to build a new railway. This scheme was subsequently defeated
1887 Three-and-a-half acres of agricultural land (Henderson's Nursery) bought, now the Nursery End ground
1884 The first Test at Lord's (England v Australia) making it England's third Test venue (behind The Oval and Old Trafford)
1868 Old Tavern built (architect: Edward Paraire)
1867 Original grandstand built (architect: Arthur Allom)
1866 MCC buy freehold of the ground for around £18,000. The club had declined to bid six years earlier when it was sold for £7,000
1846 Printing tent erected and up-to-date scorecards sold for the first time
1827 First Oxford v Cambridge match (the oldest first-class fixture)
1825 Original Pavilion destroyed by fire and all early MCC records lost. First Oxford v Cambridge match (the oldest first-class fixture)
1814 Thomas Lord's third ground opened