Jayawardene approaches 400th ODI milestone
- The tri-series final against India in Trinidad will be Mahela Jayawardene's 400th ODI. Only Sachin Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya have played more games.
- Jayawardene is the only player to have played 100 consecutive ODIs in two separate streaks. He played 119 successive games between May 1999 and March 2003, and 122 matches without missing one between November 2005 and December 2009. Russell Arnold is the only other Sri Lankan to have appeared in 100 consecutive ODIs.
- Jayawardene has played 57% of Sri Lanka's ODIs - 394 out of 692 matches. Since 1999, he has played 387 out of 409 ODIs for Sri Lanka - 95% over a 14-and-a-half-year period.
- Jayawardene's 2436 runs against India is the seventh highest aggregate for a batsman against a particular country. Jayasuriya and Kumar Sangakkara have scored more runs against India.
- Jayawardene has a century at every position from No. 1 to No. 5 in ODIs. Neither Jayasuriya nor Sangakkara, who are ahead of Jayawardene's 11237 on the run charts, have that.
- The 5312 partnership runs Jayawardene has with Sangakkara is the most for any non-opening pair, and the fourth highest overall.
- Jayawardene's catch of Shikhar Dhawan in the previous game at Queen's Park Oval was his 200th in ODIs. He is the only person to reach that landmark. The next active player with the most ODI catches is Younis Khan with 126.
- Jayawardene has only 19 Man-of-the-Match awards despite playing 399 ODIs, the sixth highest for a Sri Lankan.