- not out55600100.00not out00200-Extras5 (b 2, lb 1, w 2)TOTAL157/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.85)Fall of wickets: 1-23 (Usman Khawaja, 2.5 ov), 2-69 (David Warner, 6.1 ov), 3-71 (Aaron Finch, 7.1 ov), 4-91 (Steven Smith, 10.5 ov), 5-97 (Glenn Maxwell, 11.3 ov), 6-104 (Peter Nevill, 13.2 ov), 7-114 (John Hastings, 15.2 ov), 8-149 (Nathan Coulter-Nile, 18.4 ov), 9-154 (Mitchell Marsh, 19.3 ov)
- not out53355133151.42not out641410150.00Extras7 (lb 1, nb 1, w 5)TOTAL158/7 (19.2 Overs, RR: 8.17)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (AB de Villiers, 0.1 ov), 2-17 (Quinton de Kock, 2.5 ov), 3-41 (Jean-Paul Duminy, 5.4 ov), 4-72 (Rilee Rossouw, 9.3 ov), 5-72 (Faf du Plessis, 9.4 ov), 6-95 (David Wiese, 12.5 ov), 7-134 (Chris Morris, 16.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 69 runs, 1 wicket)
- Australia: 50 runs in 4.4 overs (28 balls), Extras 1
- GJ Maxwell dropped at 0* by Q de Kock
- Australia: 100 runs in 12.4 overs (76 balls), Extras 3
- Australia: 150 runs in 18.4 overs (112 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: Australia - 157/9 in 20.0 overs (A Zampa 5, AJ Tye 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 45 runs, 3 wickets)
- South Africa: 50 runs in 7.1 overs (43 balls), Extras 0
- South Africa: 100 runs in 13.4 overs (83 balls), Extras 6
- South Africa: 150 runs in 18.4 overs (113 balls), Extras 7
- DA Miller: 50 off 33 balls (3 x 4, 3 x 6)
Chasing has not been South Africa's strongest suit, but with five successful chases on the trot, they seem to be building the right momentum ahead of the World T20
David Miller struck his first international fifty since February last year and his career-best T20I score to guide South Africa to the highest successful chase at Kingsmead
ESPNcricinfo previews the opening T20 between South Africa and Australia
South Africa and Australia will be seeing plenty of each other during the remainder of 2016, but it is hoped that it won't lead to tempers boiling over
No. of consecutive defeats for Australia in T20Is - their joint-most in T20Is. They had three more sequences of five losses in a row: 2009, 2010-11 and 2012-13.
Previous highest score for David Miller in T20Is. He has gone past that and also brought up his maiden T20I fifty.
Last time AB de Villiers was out for a duck in T20Is, before today. He had four ducks in his first 30 T20I innings and none in the next 32 innings before this.
Runs scored by Australia in the Powerplays, losing only one wicket. In the next 14 overs, they made just 88 runs at 6.28 an over and lost eight wickets.
No. of times David Warner batted at some other position other than as an opener in T20Is, before this match in 54 innings. He is batting at No.3 in this game.
No. of T20Is between Aus and SA - joint-most between two teams in T20Is. Two other pair of teams have played 15 matches: SL-NZ and SL-Pak.