1. In the 15th over of the Indian innings, with the score on 69 for 2, West Indies missed an opportunity to run out Dinesh Karthik, which proved costly in the end as he and Yuvraj Singh added 135 to help take India to a daunting total.
2. In the 22nd over of India's innings, Yuvraj Singh pulled Chris Gayle over the midwicket boundary to announce his intent. It was the first of his seven sixes, and there was no looking back from then on.
3. India scored 70 runs between overs 20 and 27, which swung the momentum in their favour after West Indies had dented them early with two quick blows. The man who did the damage this time, undoubtedly, was Yuvraj Singh.
4. The bowling attacks of both teams were ordinary with West Indies bowling 10 wides and India 19. India conceded a lot of their extras towards the death, which almost proved their undoing while defending a mammoth total.
5. The wicket of Shivnarine Chanderpaul, caught by Ravindra Jadeja off Yusuf Pathan in the 36th over swung the match decisively in India's favour. His 63 threatened to derail India, and though the lower order resisted well, his absence certainly eased the pressure on the opposition.