Arjun Nair, the New South Wales and Sydney Thunder offspinner, has been cleared to return to the bowling crease after further testing of his bowling action at the National Cricket Centre in Brisbane.
"It has been a tough few months, but glad to say I'm back," Nair said on Instagram. "I want to thank all those who stood by me and supported me through this hurdle. Forever grateful."
Remedial work was required to improve the purity of Nair's bowling action after he was reported during last summer's Big Bash League when bowling for the Thunder against the Hobart Hurricanes on December 30.
At the NCC, 19-year-old Nair was subsequently found to have bowled with an action "markedly different" from the one he used in the BBL match, and under Cricket Australia's regulations such a change incurs an automatic ban from all first-class, List A and Twenty20 cricket for 90 days.
However further testing of Nair's action last month showed that his method now stood up to technological scrutiny as within the allowable range of elbow flex for a spin bowler.
"Nair opted to be re-tested on 21 May 2018, with both his offspin and carrom ball deliveries under review," Cricket Australia said in a statement. "The assessment revealed that all deliveries were within the 15 degrees level of tolerance permitted under the regulations, with his bowling action now deemed legal.
"Nair was initially tested on the 4 January 2018 at the Bupa National Cricket Centre. The results at that time found that his action was different to that of the reported match footage.
"Under the procedure, a player that has a materially different action in the match to that during testing shall immediately be suspended from bowling in interstate and W/BBL cricket until such time, but no earlier than 90 days, as they submit to a fresh analysis and it is concluded that they have remedied their action."
Nair is now free to resume bowling for the Thunder and the Blues. He is part of the National Performance squad intake for 2018.