- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Raman b Kumble401762206022.72c †More b Srinath822973547027.60lbw b Kapil Dev45821086054.87c Azharuddin b Prabhakar391351595028.88c Azharuddin b Prabhakar724311029.16c †More b Srinath12132241415037.57b Prabhakar592012623029.35not out2342713054.76lbw b Srinath023000.00b Kumble514121035.71c Raman b Kumble074000.00Extras35 (b 1, lb 19, nb 15)TOTAL456 all out (214.2 Overs, RR: 2.12)Fall of wickets: 1-100 (Kevin Arnott), 2-175 (Alistair Campbell), 3-186 (Grant Flower), 4-199 (Mark Burmester), 5-252 (Andy Pycroft), 6-417 (Andy Flower), 7-445 (Dave Houghton), 8-445 (Eddo Brandes), 9-454 (John Traicos), 10-456 (Malcolm Jarvis)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Pycroft b Burmester1163870017.46b Crocker431641932026.21c sub (SG Davies) b Jarvis1044225297024.64c & b Traicos034000.00c GW Flower b Traicos927340033.33c Arnott b Traicos727260025.92b Traicos60951269063.15c Arnott b Traicos1441512034.14c Traicos b Burmester411601941125.62c †A Flower b Burmester067000.00not out613141046.15Extras12 (b 2, lb 9, nb 1)TOTAL307 all out (169.4 Overs, RR: 1.8)Fall of wickets: 1-29 (Ravi Shastri), 2-77 (Woorkeri Raman), 3-78 (Sachin Tendulkar), 4-93 (Mohammad Azharuddin), 5-101 (Venkatapathy Raju), 6-197 (Kapil Dev), 7-219 (Manoj Prabhakar), 8-287 (Sanjay Manjrekar), 9-294 (Anil Kumble), 10-307 (Kiran More)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Prabhakar321632172019.63c †More b Kapil Dev633440018.18b Kapil Dev011000.00lbw b Shastri46991341146.46not out4174833255.40not out13438002.94Extras20 (b 11, lb 4, nb 5)TOTAL146/4 (66 Overs, RR: 2.21)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (Grant Flower), 2-16 (Alistair Campbell), 3-93 (Andy Pycroft), 4-119 (Kevin Arnott)
- Sun, 18 Oct - day 1 - Zimbabwe 1st innings 188/3 (AJ Pycroft 6*, MG Burmester 2*)
- Mon, 19 Oct - day 2 - Zimbabwe 1st innings 406/5 (DL Houghton 110*, A Flower 55*)
- Tue, 20 Oct - day 3 - India 1st innings 93/4 (SV Manjrekar 27*, SLV Raju 0*)
- Wed, 21 Oct - day 4 - India 1st innings 278/7 (SV Manjrekar 100*, KS More 23*)
- Thu, 22 Oct - day 5 - Zimbabwe 2nd innings 146/4 (66 ov) - end of match
- Scorers : Wendy Gilmour, Sahal Laher
- First ever Test for Zimbabwe.
- Except AJ Traicos, the remaining 10 Zimbabwe players debuted.
- Traicos, at the age of 45, created a world record of longest interval between two appearences in test history. His last appearence was for South Africa at Port Elizabeth on 10 Mar 1970 (interval = 22 years & 222 days). He broke G Gunn's (Eng) record of 17 years and 316 days.
- Traicos is the 14th player to have played for two different countries.
- Umpire HD Bird equalled Frank Chester's record of umpiring 48 tests.
- Zim 1st innings
- Maiden test century (on debut) by Houghton. 1st for Zimbabwe. Houghton 121 in 414 min, 322 balls, 15x4
- Houghton's catch was More's 100th dismissal.
- Ind 1st innings
- Manjrekar 5th slowest century, and slowest by an Indian 100* came in 500 min, 422 balls, 7x4 104 in 529 min, 422 balls, 7x4
Kevin Arnott on walking out to open in Zimbabwe's first Test
Sunil Gavaskar will be the only cricketer who will be invited by the Bangladesh Cricket Board as a special guest when they host the Indian team for their first ever Test match after attaining official status