- BATSMENRM4s6sc Bedser b Yardley116167110c †Evans b Bedser5813370c Hammond b Pollard186120c †Evans b Bedser91810lbw b Bedser125310b Bedser181610b Pollard1900b Edrich184330b Pollard4511241not out248500Extras26 (b 10, lb 11, nb 5)TOTAL345/9d (102.4 Overs, RR: 3.36)Fall of wickets: 1-133 (Bert Sutcliffe), 2-195 (Walter Hadlee), 3-212 (Merv Wallace), 4-212 (Verdun Scott), 5-234 (Brun Smith), 6-238 (Eric Tindill), 7-258 (Don Taylor), 8-281 (Roy Scott), 9-345 (Jack Cowie)
- BATSMENRM4s6sc Smith b Cowie2300b Cowie226320c Taylor b RH Scott429530b Cowie386621c Sutcliffe b Cowie79123100c †Tindill b Cowie459760not out213830c sub b Cowie11600not out81420Extras7 (b 5, lb 1, nb 1)TOTAL265/7d (83 Overs, RR: 3.19)Fall of wickets: 1-2 (Cyril Washbrook), 2-46 (Norman Yardley), 3-79 (Bill Edrich), 4-125 (Denis Compton), 5-222 (Jack Ikin), 6-241 (Wally Hammond), 7-249 (Peter Smith)
England , elected to field first
One-off match drawn
21,22,24,25 March 1947 (3-day match)
- Fri, 21 Mar - day 1 - New Zealand 1st innings 306/8 (J Cowie 24*, TB Burtt 9*)
- Sat, 22 Mar - day 2 - England 1st innings 265/7 (TG Evans 21*, AV Bedser 8*, 83 ov)
- Sun, 23 Mar - rest day
- Mon, 24 Mar - day 3 - no play
- Tue, 25 Mar - day 4 - no play
- Match extended by 1 day (Extra day added after no play on day 3, but that was washed out as well)
- Rain interrupted much of the playing time.
- C.S.Dempster originally selected for this match, withdrew on the night before due to an eye injury.