- not out27111822245.45not out00200-Extras9 (b 1, lb 3, w 5)TOTAL183/5 (20 Overs, RR: 9.15)Fall of wickets: 1-45 (Murali Vijay, 5.5 ov), 2-78 (Manan Vohra, 10.5 ov), 3-143 (Glenn Maxwell, 16.3 ov), 4-149 (Wriddhiman Saha, 16.6 ov), 5-169 (Gurkeerat Singh Mann, 19.3 ov)
- not out00400-not out011000.00Extras7 (lb 3, w 4)TOTAL184/9 (19.5 Overs, RR: 9.27)Fall of wickets: 1-31 (Robin Uthappa, 3.3 ov), 2-63 (Manish Pandey, 7.3 ov), 3-69 (Gautam Gambhir, 8.5 ov), 4-83 (Suryakumar Yadav, 10.5 ov), 5-136 (Yusuf Pathan, 14.6 ov), 6-159 (Andre Russell, 16.5 ov), 7-161 (Johan Botha, 17.2 ov), 8-177 (Brad Hogg, 19.2 ov), 9-183 (Piyush Chawla, 19.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 45 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 7.2 overs (44 balls), Extras 0
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 13.1 overs (79 balls), Extras 5
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 24 balls (WP Saha 11, GJ Maxwell 36, Ex 3)
- Kings XI Punjab: 150 runs in 17.1 overs (103 balls), Extras 6
- Innings Break: Kings XI Punjab - 183/5 in 20.0 overs (DA Miller 27, GJ Bailey 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 57 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 4.5 overs (29 balls), Extras 1
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 12.5 overs (77 balls), Extras 3
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 24 balls (YK Pathan 20, AD Russell 31, Ex 2)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 150 runs in 15.5 overs (95 balls), Extras 5
- AD Russell: 50 off 19 balls (5 x 4, 4 x 6)
The defending champions tested at home, Kings XI's attack exposed, Maxwell against spin, Vijay's wasted starts, and Narine's potent carrom ball. ESPNcricinfo presents five talking points from Eden Gardens
Plays of the Day from the match between Kolkata Knight Riders and Kings XI Punjab
Kolkata Knight went to the top of the points table with the first one-wicket win in IPL history, off the penultimate ball against Kings XI Punjab
Piyush Chawla said the decision to promote him to No. 4 was tactical, so Knight Riders could have a left-hand batsman to upset the rhythm of Daredevils' legspinners
Andre Russell's strike rate in this IPL - the highest for any batsman with at least 250 runs in a season.
Runs conceded Axar Patel in his third over - his most expensive in the IPL. He had conceded only 4 runs from his first-two.
KKR's score in overs No. 6 to 10; they had scored 55 for the loss one wicket in the first five.
Balls taken by KKR for their first-fifty runs; this was the second-fastest fifty by them at the Eden Gardens.
Wickets taken by Sunil Narine against KXIP - the most he has taken against any team in T20s.
Runs off Brad Hogg's third over (including a bye) - equal the highest scored off an over from any KKR spinner at the Eden Gardens.
Wickets Sunil Narine has taken in T20s - the second-most by any player from West Indies. Only Dwayne Bravo (234 wkts) is ahead of him.
Sunil Narine's eco in 6 overs in the Powerplays; only Marchant de Lange, eco of 2.5, has done better this season.
KKR's record against KXIP in the last-four games between the teams. The last they lost to KXIP was in 2014, in Abu Dhabi.