- not out11300100.00not out21100200.00Extras12 (nb 1, w 11)TOTAL185/3 (20 Overs, RR: 9.25)Fall of wickets: 1-27 (KL Rahul, 3.4 ov), 2-182 (Virat Kohli, 19.3 ov), 3-182 (AB de Villiers, 19.4 ov)
- retired hurt012000.00not out33700100.00not out00200-Extras7 (b 1, w 6)TOTAL172/8 (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)Fall of wickets: 1-12 (Faf du Plessis, 1.4 ov), 1-12* (Kevin Pietersen, retired not out ), 2-18 (Steven Smith, 2.3 ov), 3-109 (Ajinkya Rahane, 14.4 ov), 4-120 (MS Dhoni, 15.5 ov), 5-164 (Thisara Perera, 18.3 ov), 6-165 (Ravichandran Ashwin, 18.5 ov), 7-169 (Rajat Bhatia, 19.3 ov), 8-169 (Murugan Ashwin, 19.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 48 runs, 1 wicket)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 50 runs in 6.3 overs (40 balls), Extras 2
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 38 balls (V Kohli 18, AB de Villiers 31, Ex 2)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 100 runs in 11.3 overs (70 balls), Extras 3
- AB de Villiers: 50 off 25 balls (4 x 4, 3 x 6)
- V Kohli: 50 off 47 balls (3 x 4, 1 x 6)
- 2nd Wicket: 100 runs in 68 balls (V Kohli 31, AB de Villiers 67, Ex 2)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 150 runs in 17.2 overs (105 balls), Extras 9
- 2nd Wicket: 150 runs in 94 balls (V Kohli 57, AB de Villiers 83, Ex 10)
- Innings Break: Royal Challengers Bangalore - 185/3 in 20.0 overs (SR Watson 1, SN Khan 2)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 36 runs, 2 wickets)
- KP Pietersen retired hurt at 12/1 (0, 1.5 overs)
- Rising Pune Supergiants: 50 runs in 7.6 overs (48 balls), Extras 3
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 41 balls (AM Rahane 29, MS Dhoni 19, Ex 2)
- AM Rahane: 50 off 37 balls (7 x 4)
- Rising Pune Supergiants: 100 runs in 13.4 overs (82 balls), Extras 4
- Rising Pune Supergiants: 150 runs in 17.4 overs (106 balls), Extras 7
In a blow to Rising Pune Supergiants' unimpressive season so far, their batsman Kevin Pietersen has been ruled out of the remainder of IPL 2016
Kevin Pietersen being sidelined may help Rising Pune Supergiants plug gaps in their bowling, their captain MS Dhoni said. Meanwhile, RCB captain Virat Kohli was fined INR 12 lakh for maintaining slow over-rate
AB de Villiers top scored with a 46-ball 83 to help Bangalore narrowly beat Pune by 13 runs in a high scoring clash in the Indian Twenty20 competition in Pune on Friday.
The beauty about AB de Villiers is he forces a change in mindset, be it the opposition bowler, captain, his own teammate or even a spectator. He makes one realise that boundaries can be pushed just by making the effort
Number of matches won by teams batting first out of 16 matches in this IPL. Both of them have been won by Royal Challengers Bangalore.
First-class wickets taken by Tabraiz Shamsi in 2015-16 in South Africa - the second highest by any bowler in the season.
Dots in Royal Challengers' inns - the 3rd least in an inns of 20 overs in the IPL. Super Kings had faced just 25 dots against Mumbai Indians in 2013 - the least.
No. of 150-plus stands between Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers. No other pair has more than two such stands in all T20s.
Fifty-plus stands between Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers. Only Kohli-Gayle (15) and Hussey-Vijay (13) have more such stands.
Runs Virat Kohli had scored off 83 balls off R Ashwin in the IPL before this match. He is the only batsman to have scored 100-plus runs off a bowler without getting dismissed.
Number of games out of 15 won by teams chasing in this IPL. Only team that won batting first are Royal Challengers who have been asked to bat first in this match.