- not out32295520110.34not out33131822253.84Extras3 (w 3)TOTAL120/5 (15 Overs, RR: 8.0)Fall of wickets: 1-27 (Soumya Sarkar, 3.6 ov), 2-30 (Tamim Iqbal, 4.4 ov), 3-64 (Shakib Al Hasan, 9.1 ov), 4-75 (Mushfiqur Rahim, 11.3 ov), 5-75 (Mashrafe Mortaza, 11.4 ov)
- not out41286250146.42not out206712333.33Extras0TOTAL122/2 (13.5 Overs, RR: 8.81)Fall of wickets: 1-5 (Rohit Sharma, 1.3 ov), 2-99 (Shikhar Dhawan, 12.4 ov)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
Hours of play (local time)
- Rain: Bangladesh - 0/0
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 5.0 (Mandatory - 30 runs, 2 wickets)
- Bangladesh: 50 runs in 7.3 overs (45 balls), Extras 2
- Bangladesh: 100 runs in 13.2 overs (80 balls), Extras 2
- Innings Break: Bangladesh - 120/5 in 15.0 overs (Sabbir Rahman 32, Mahmudullah 33)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 5.0 (Mandatory - 33 runs, 1 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 6.3 overs (39 balls), Extras 0
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 32 balls (S Dhawan 27, V Kohli 23, Ex 0)
- S Dhawan: 50 off 35 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- India: 100 runs in 12.5 overs (77 balls), Extras 0
MS Dhoni made India the world champions on his captaincy debut in 2007 and has continued to rack up silverware like they are half off at a clearance sale
Stats highlights from India's eight-wicket win in the final of the Asia Cup
With a final tournament average of 121.00 at a strike rate of 165.75, Bangladesh may regret sending Mahmudullah in to bat so late in their shortened innings at the Asia Cup final
A thunderstorm and a Mahmudullah squall came in India's way, but a calm chase from Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli gave them an eight-wicket win and a sixth Asia Cup title
MS Dhoni has said it was very important for India to not trip up in the final of the Asia Cup to hold the critics at bay, and to keep the team's momentum intact leading up to the World T20
No. of Asia Cup titles for India. They had won the ODI version five times before this inaugural Asia Cup T20.
Previous highest score for Shikhar Dhawan in T20Is. He has gone past that in this innings. This is only his second half-century in 18 T20I innings.
Virat Kohli's average while chasing in T20Is, before this match - best among all batsmen with 500+ runs when chasing. He averages just 35.88 when batting first.
No. of T20Is for Mushfiqur Rahim. He becomes the first Bangladesh player to appear in 50 T20Is.
No. of consecutive T20Is where Ashish Nehra has picked at least a wicket in the Powerplays, including this match. He is doing it since the 3rd T20I vs Aus.
No. of finals for Bangladesh in any form of International cricket, before this - Tri-Nation Tournament 2008-09 and Asia Cup 2012, both in ODIs at home and lost.