- not out894763111189.36not out1592410166.66Extras5 (lb 1, nb 2, w 2)TOTAL192/2 (20 Overs, RR: 9.6)Fall of wickets: 1-62 (Rohit Sharma, 7.2 ov), 2-128 (Ajinkya Rahane, 15.3 ov)
- not out82518075160.78not out43203434215.00Extras6 (lb 4, nb 2)TOTAL196/3 (19.4 Overs, RR: 9.96)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (Chris Gayle, 1.1 ov), 2-19 (Marlon Samuels, 2.6 ov), 3-116 (Johnson Charles, 13.1 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 55 runs, 0 wicket)
- India: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (35 balls), Extras 2
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 35 balls (RG Sharma 36, AM Rahane 12, Ex 2)
- India: 100 runs in 12.2 overs (76 balls), Extras 4
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (AM Rahane 19, V Kohli 30, Ex 2)
- V Kohli: 50 off 33 balls (5 x 4)
- India: 150 runs in 16.6 overs (104 balls), Extras 5
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 21 balls (V Kohli 40, MS Dhoni 11, Ex 1)
- Innings Break: India - 192/2 in 20.0 overs (V Kohli 89, MS Dhoni 15)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 44 runs, 2 wickets)
- West Indies: 50 runs in 6.4 overs (41 balls), Extras 2
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (J Charles 28, LMP Simmons 21, Ex 1)
- West Indies: 100 runs in 11.2 overs (69 balls), Extras 3
- J Charles: 50 off 30 balls (7 x 4, 2 x 6)
- LMP Simmons: 50 off 35 balls (5 x 4, 2 x 6)
- West Indies: 150 runs in 15.6 overs (98 balls), Extras 5
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (LMP Simmons 28, AD Russell 22, Ex 1)
R Ashwin has sought to put in perspective his performance in the World T20 semi-final against West Indies in Mumbai, and even made a thinly-veiled observation that he didn't get the chance to bowl more despite creating wicket-taking opportunities
A letter to India's captain on that question and that answer
It's an amazing life Lendl Simmons leads. One day he is lounging at his home in the Caribbean, watching the World T20 from afar then he is winning a semi-final
In an unusual move India captain MS Dhoni invited a journalist to sit alongside him when asked if he was going to retire immediately after India were knocked out of the World T20 by West Indies
Plays of the day from the second semi-final between India and West Indies in Mumbai
Target successfully chased by WI in this match is the highest successfull-chase n knockouts of World T20. Aus had chased 192 vs Pak in semi-finals of WT20 2010.
Consecutive half-centuries for Lendl Simmons in T20s in India. He hit 65 and 68 in the 1st qualifying final and final of IPL 2015 and a half-century in this match.
No. of scores of 50 or more for Kohli in T20Is - most by any batsman. He went past Gayle and McCullum who each had 15 such scores.
No. of times a team's top-3 all scored 40 or more in a T20I, including this match. Previous 2 instances: NZ v Eng, Hamilton 2013 and Ind v Aus, MCG, 2016
Kohli's average when batting first in T20Is, before this match. He averages 91.80 when chasing though.
Runs scored by India in the Powerplays today, which is their best in this WT20. Also the first time they played out the Powerplay overs without losing any wicket.
Rohit Sharma's average in T20s at Wankhede, before this match. He has scored 1168 runs in 39 innings at SR of 135.97.