- It was the 1595th ODI in cricket history.
- It was Pakistan's 468th and West Indies' 400th match.
- It was the 95th ODI between these two sides. The record now reads: West Indies 59, Pakistan 34, Tied 2.
- It was the 16th ODI between these two sides on West Indian soil.The record now reads: West Indies 11, Pakistan 4, Tied 1.
- West Indies became fourth country to appear in 400 or more matches after Pakistan (468), Australia (459) and India (442).
- Umpires Billy Doctrove and Eddie Nicholls were officiating in their ninth and 23rd match respectively.
- West Indies' total (114) was its sixth lowest in ODIs. It also equalled the lowest by any side in West Indies which was previously held by England with 114 at Bridgetown on 19-03-1986. West Indies' previous lowest at home soil was 121 against India at Port-of-Spain on 27-04-1997. West Indies' previous lowest at home soil against Pakistan was 148 at Kingstown on 30- 03-1993.
- The total was the lowest for West Indies battinig first after winning the toss.The previous lowest was 123 against New Zealand at Margao on 26-10-1994. West Indies' previous such lowest against Pakistan was 159 at Melbourne on 06-03-1985.
- The total was also the second lowest by any side against Pakistan after winning the toss and electing to bat first. The lowest, however, still remains as 74 at Sharjah on 01-05-1990.
- The total was also the second lowest for West Indies in the final of a tournament. Interestingly West Indies lowest ever total in the final of a tournament also came against Pakistan. It was bundled out for 103 at Melbourne on 20-01-1997 in the second final of Carlton & United ODI Series in Australia
- Curtly Ambrose was getting his fifth duck against Pakistan which puts him ahead of Winston Benjamin and Viv Richards. Now only Gus Logie has scored more ducks for West Indies against Pakistan-7.
- The duck was Ambrose's 13th in his career-which puts him at level with Desmond Haynes and Gus Logie. Now only Phil Simmons- 14- has scored more ducks than Ambrose.
- Mushtaq's figures (4-22) were the third best by any bowler against West Indies in West Indies after Sri Lanka's Sanath Jayasuriya's 5 for 58 at Port-of-Spain on 06-06-1997 and fellow countryman Wasim Akram's 4 for 18 at Kingstown on 30-03-1993.
- Mushtaq Ahmed has now taken 40 wickets in 34 matches against West Indies,which makes him the most successful spinner against West Indies. Mushtaq surpassed Australian Shane Warne's tally of 38 wickets from 21 matches.
- Curtly Ambrose's figures (10-4-15-0 @ RPO 1.5) were the second most economical by a West Indian in his complete quota of 10 overs in a match against Pakistan.The best,however still remains Phil Simmons' 10-8-3-4 (RPO 0.3) at Sydney on 17-12-1992.
- The match aggregate of 230 for the loss of 16 wickets was the 34th
lowest in all ODIs.It was also the third lowest in the final of an ODI
tournament. The details :
Lowest Totals in Final of A Tournament
Aggregate Countries Venue Date Status Tournament
197-13 (48.4) SL 98-9 v Ind 99-4 Colombo SSC 17-09-1994 F Singer World Series 229-11 (64.5) Pak 114 v SA 115-1 Cape Town 23-04-1998 F Standard Bank Tri-Series 230-16 (78.3) WI 114 v Pak 116-6 Port-of-Spain 23-04-2000 F3 Cable & Wireless ODI Series 254-12 (73) Ind 125 v Pak 129-2 Sharjah 16-04-1999 F CocaCola Cup 256-13 (86.1) NZ 126 v Aus 130-3 Melbourne 31-01-1981 F2 WSC 260-20 (83) SA 149 v Eng 111 Johannesburg 13-02-2000 F Standard Bank Triangular Tournament 265-12 (59.1) Pak 132 v Aus 133-2 Lord's 20-06-1999 F World Cup 268-20 (89) Pak 165 v WI 103 Melbourne 20-01-1997 F2 WSC 275-13 (81.1) NZ 137-9 v Aus 138-4 Auckland 26-02-1995 F Centenary Tournament 279-17 (81.5) Aus 139 v Ind 140-7 Sharjah 29-03-1985 F Rohtman's Trophy 279-20 (85.4) Pak 160 v NZ 119 Sharjah 15-11-1996 F Champions Trophy 289-17 (83.5) Ind 144 v Pak 145-7 Sharjah 05-12-1986 F Champions Trophy 295-16 (94.3) Aus 147 v WI 148-6 Melbourne 18-01-1993 F2 WSC
Abbreviations : F=Only Final ,F1=First Final,F2=Second Final,F3=Third Final,WSC = World Series Cup,WC = World Cup
- The match aggregate was the second lowest on West Indian soil after 106 for 7 between New Zealand and West Indies at Port-of-Spain on 27-03-1985. However that match was a rain shortened 22 over aside match.The previous lowest match aggregate in a `full' match on West Indian soil was 233 for the loss of 10 wickets between New Zealand and West Indies at Port-of-Spain on 17-04-1985.
- The victory was Pakistan's 17th title win in ODIs (in tournaments consisting of three or more teams).Pakistan has now equalled India's tally of tournament wins in ODIs. Now only Australia with 18 title wins (excluding 1994-95 Benson & Hedges WSC) is ahead of Pakistan.
- Mushtaq Ahmed won his fourth Man of the Match award.
- At the end of the tournament
Pakistan's overall ODI record: played 468,won 242,lost 210, tied 6 and abandoned 10 West Indies' overall ODI record: played 400,won 240,lost 148, tied 5 and abandoned 7 Zimbabwe's overall ODI record: played 150,won 38,lost 104,tied 4 and abandoned 4 Moin Khan's captaincy record: played 16, won 11, lost 5.
Jimmy Adams' captaincy record: played 10,won 6,lost 3 and tied 1. Andy Flower's captaincy record :played 45,won 8,lost 33,tied 2 and abandoned 2.