Jesse Ryder and Doug Bracewell will not be considered for the second Test against India in Wellington, New Zealand coach Mike Hesson has said. Ryder and Bracewell, who were in the squad for the first Test, are under investigation by New Zealand Cricket for staying out late at an Auckland bar the night before that match began.

"We'll be naming our second Test side tomorrow or maybe later on today and neither Jesse Ryder nor Doug Bracewell will be available for selection," Hesson said.

Bracewell suffered a broken foot during that period which ruled him out of any cricket for a while. He returned to his hometown Napier, while Ryder made an unbeaten century for Otago in an ongoing Plunket Shield match against Central Districts in Nelson.

Hesson declined to say anything on the duo's future while the investigation was underway but added that he expected players to make "good decisions" about their preparation ahead of a game.

"There's an investigation taking place and we'll let that run its course before making any bold statements about that sort of thing. Once we get the full information and facts, we'll be in a far better position to make a statement. It's important we don't jump to conclusions without getting the full facts.

"We need to make sure all our players prepare themselves accordingly for Test cricket and at the moment we don't have confidence that that's the case.

"We have faith in our players that they make good decisions around their preparation. We're dealing with grown men so if a player was to have a beer with their meal before a game we don't have an issue with that at all. These are grown men who can make decisions. There's a bit difference between that and what occurred the night before the Test."

Bracewell and Ryder have had a history of disciplinary issues. During the series against South Africa in March 2012, both were dropped from the ODI team after breaking team protocol, following the match in Napier. In November last year, Bracewell was dropped from the Central Districts side for an HRV Cup game after a late night out.

The ODI against South Africa in Napier in March 2012 was also the last match Ryder played for New Zealand until his recent comeback against West Indies. Following the incident, the batsman decided to take an indefinite break from cricket. In March 2013, Ryder was assaulted outside a bar in Christchurch and spent two days in a medically induced coma before making a recovery. In August 2013, he was given a retrospective six-month ban for failing a routine drug test while playing domestic cricket.