- not out29295810100.00not out94620225.00Extras12 (lb 3, w 9)TOTAL134/6 (20 Overs, RR: 6.7)Fall of wickets: 1-42 (Brendon McCullum, 4.4 ov), 2-64 (Dwayne Smith, 8.4 ov), 3-67 (Suresh Raina, 9.3 ov), 4-81 (MS Dhoni, 11.3 ov), 5-88 (Dwayne Bravo, 12.6 ov), 6-124 (Ravindra Jadeja, 18.5 ov)
- not out38284632135.71not out21600200.00Extras5 (lb 2, w 3)TOTAL132/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.6)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Gautam Gambhir, 0.2 ov), 2-52 (Robin Uthappa, 5.1 ov), 3-61 (Manish Pandey, 7.1 ov), 4-76 (Suryakumar Yadav, 12.2 ov), 5-91 (Yusuf Pathan, 15.2 ov), 6-100 (Andre Russell, 16.5 ov), 7-101 (Pat Cummins, 17.1 ov), 8-104 (Piyush Chawla, 17.5 ov), 9-116 (Umesh Yadav, 18.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 53 runs, 1 wicket)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (34 balls), Extras 3
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 15.1 overs (91 balls), Extras 9
- Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings - 134/6 in 20.0 overs (F du Plessis 29, R Ashwin 9)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 54 runs, 2 wickets)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 50 runs in 4.6 overs (30 balls), Extras 1
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (RV Uthappa 38, MK Pandey 12, Ex 1)
- Kolkata Knight Riders: 100 runs in 16.5 overs (101 balls), Extras 3
Plays of the Day from the IPL match between Chennai Super Kings and Kolkata Knight Riders in Chennai
Offspinner R Ashwin will miss Chennai Super Kings' next two matches due to a finger injury
As Chennai Super Kings travel to Kolkata and Hyderabad minus R Ashwin over the next few days, spin is bound to remain a critical element. Ravindra Jadeja and Suresh Raina will be expected to take a greater load
Having restricted Chennai Super Kings to 134, Kolkata Knight Riders were rushing towards the target at 52 for 1 in five overs, but somehow managed to lose
Number of ducks by KKR batsman today, an unprecedented number for them in an IPL game.
Number of IPL ducks for Gautam Gambhir, the joint-most with Harbhajan Singh.
Changes made by CSK to their playing XI in 7 games this IPL. Every other team has made at least 3 changes
Number of times CSK have successfully defended a total of 150 or less, the second-most times after KKR (7)
Runs for which Chennai lost 5 wickets, going from 42-0 to 88-5.
Brad Hogg's age, making him the oldest ever player in the IPL going past Rajasthan's Pravin Tambe (43).
Number of times this IPL that both Chennai openers have scored 25 runs or less - today was the first such instance.
Chennai's win-loss record against Kolkata at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chepauk.