- not out18121211150.00not out1250050.00Extras4 (lb 1, w 3)TOTAL111/9 (20 Overs, RR: 5.55)Fall of wickets: 1-8 (Murali Vijay, 1.3 ov), 2-37 (Shaun Marsh, 6.1 ov), 3-52 (David Miller, 8.1 ov), 4-52 (Glenn Maxwell, 8.4 ov), 5-59 (Manan Vohra, 10.4 ov), 6-65 (Wriddhiman Saha, 12.6 ov), 7-73 (Axar Patel, 15.1 ov), 8-90 (Mohit Sharma, 17.1 ov), 9-99 (Mitchell Johnson, 18.5 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out59426591140.47not out82301400.00Extras10 (b 4, lb 2, w 4)TOTAL113/2 (13.3 Overs, RR: 8.37)Fall of wickets: 1-9 (Shreyas Iyer, 2.1 ov), 2-100 (Sanju Samson, 12.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 37 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 7.6 overs (48 balls), Extras 1
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 19.1 overs (115 balls), Extras 4
- Innings Break: Kings XI Punjab - 111/9 in 20.0 overs (P Sahu 18, Sandeep Sharma 1)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 28 runs, 1 wicket)
- Delhi Daredevils: 50 runs in 7.6 overs (48 balls), Extras 6
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 41 balls (Q de Kock 30, SV Samson 15, Ex 6)
- Q de Kock: 50 off 38 balls (8 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Delhi Daredevils: 100 runs in 12.4 overs (76 balls), Extras 10
A sublime four-for from Amit Mishra helped Delhi register their first win of the 2016 edition of the Indian Twenty competition, as they mauled Punjab by an impressive eight-wicket margin in the Capital on Friday.
Kings XI Punjab may have dug themselves in a hole against Delhi Daredevils by losing wickets attempting expansive strokes, but the captain David Miller insists his team will not change the way they play
A fine cocktail of experience and youth delivered Delhi Daredevils their first victory of the season, against Kings XI Punjab at the Feroz Shah Kotla
David Miller has emphasised on the need for Kings XI Punjab to be flexible in T20 cricket, but not at the cost of playing freely
Daredevils' margin of win in terms of balls remaining - their third biggest in the IPL.
The lowest total successfully defended at Kotla, - by Charges against Daredevils. Teams have defended sub-165 totals only thrice from 24 attempts here in the IPL.
No. of totals lower than Kings XI's 111/9 that teams have made at the Kotla from full quota of 20 overs in the IPL; 110/8 by Super Kings against Daredevils in 2012
IPL Wickets Amit Mishra started the match with - joint highest by any spinner along with Harbhajan and Piyush Chawla. He is now the clear leader.
Number of batsmen Amit Mishra has dismissed stumped in the IPL. Most for any bowler. Harbhajan is next in this list with 14 such wickets.
Number of wins for Daredevils against Kings XI in the 2015 IPL. Kings XI are the only team that Daredevils have beaten twice in a season in the last three IPLs.