Group A

Faisalabad, relying on a century by Asif Hussain, went on to post 402 against Multan on the second day of their first round, four-day Quaid-e-Azam Trophy match at the Sports Stadium in Sargodha. Hussain's 109 was his sixth first-class hundred. By the close of play, Multan were in a spot of bother at 46 for 3.

The match between Sialkot and National Bank of Pakistan at the Jinnah Stadium was abandoned due to "misbehaviour of the pitch". The match was called off after only 2.2 overs on the second day after Ayub Dogar, the Sialkot captain, was hit by a ball that reared off the pitch. Sialkot had scored 106 for five in 30 overs on the first day before inclement weather had stopped play.

It is expected that the fresh match would be played on a new pitch, but in case that is not possible, the current match will be considered and neither of the teams will be awarded points.

Aamer Sajjad (86*) and Bilal Khilji (47*), were involved in an unbeaten 100-run stand for the fifth wicket as Water and Power Development Authority took a 25-run lead over Lahore Ravi at the Lahore City Cricket Association Ground.

Meanwhile, the match between Karachi Whites and Hyderabad was hosted at the Niaz Stadium. It was one of three matches rescheduled to start on Sunday in light on the bombings in Karachi on October 18.

Rizwan Ahmed scored an unbeaten century to help Hyderabad to progress to 227 for three. Ahmed was supported by Akram Khan, who scored 72 off 201 as the duo put on 144 runs for the third wicket

Habib Bank Limited, also playing a rescheduled match against Pakistan Customs, recovered from a middle-order collapse to post 292 in Karachi. Imran Farhat (60) steadied the innings after Habib Bank were reeling at 52 for 4. Humayun Farhat (75), Imran's elder brother, and Aftab Khan (65) then added 100 runs for the sixth wicket to take their team to a position of safety.

Group B

Mohammad Khalil, the left-arm medium pacer, with figures of 6 for 62, ran through Khan Research Laboratories (KRL) as they were bowled out for 305 against Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited (ZTBL), at the KRL Stadium in Rawalpindi. By the close of play, ZTBL had scored 155 for 4 after being 80 for 4 at one stage.

Islamabad, playing at home, scored 254 against Abbottabad (212) at the Diamond Cricket Club Ground. In their second innings, Abbottabad added 66 for 2 to take a 14-run lead.

Mohammad Fayyaz top-scored with 71 runs off 157 balls to take Peshawar (228 for 3), within 19 runs of Lahore Shalimar's first-innings total, at the Arbab Niaz Stadium.

Adil Raza, the debutant right-arm medium bowler, finished with figures of 5 for 42 to restrict Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) to 214 runs, though they gained a 62-run lead over Sui Northern Gas Pipeline Limited (SNGPL) in Rawalpindi. But SNGPL lost three second-inning wickets for only 43 runs, which means they still have a 19-run deficit.

Azam Hussain, the left-arm spinner from Karachi Blues, took 6 for 70 to restrict Rawalpindi to 234 on the first day of their rescheduled matchat the United Bank Limited Sports Complex Ground. Earlier, the Rawalpindi team were given a solid start by the openers, who put on 98 runs, with Mohammad Ibrahim scoring an 111-ball 51 and Babar Naeem making 41. This was followed by the loss of four wickets for the addition of 30 runs.

But a late-order revival led by Naved Ashraf (76 off 100 deliveries), a former Test player, ensured that Rawalpindi were able to stretch their score. Ashraf was supported by Yasir Ali (18) as the two added 51 runs for the eighth wicket.