MCCC Averages to Feb 16, 2001
BAN v SL (1)
ZIM v NAM (1)
Uganda Women in Nepal (1)
County DIV1 (4)
County DIV2 (3)
4-Day Championship (3)
* Reforma has continued its good form with a win over Aztecs, and Corinthians ended Reforma's winning streak with a thrilling last ball victory. Needing four to win the game, number eleven batsman James Garritty strode to the crease (as a wicket had just fallen off the second last ball of the innings). He swung and connected in grand fashion, swiping the ball over cover for the necessary boundary. Aztecs are struggling, with poor batting the reason for the team's woes.
* There have been some outstanding performances this season so far, with South African Carl Greyling leading the way. Some of his hitting has been truly spectacular. Of similar consistency, albeit with a slightly more elegant style, has been Reforma skipper, Max Cawdron. He's leading the batting and bowling averages at present, an excellent feat. Many new players are also contributing greatly.
* The MCCC annual dinner dance is booked for March 10 at the prestigious Melia Hotel. Over 250 guests will pack the hotel's ballroom to wine, dine and dance the night away. This celebrated event is the highlight of the club's social calendar and attracts various dignatories, as well as a few cricketers!
* Cricket coaching begins in force in late February with one of the British schools sending a number of their pupils for formal cricketing tuition at the club's nets. Three pupils already play at the club from time to time and it's believed coaching can only help to attract future stars.
* Another annual event takes places on February 25 with the Commonwealth Day fixture. Always a very social occasion, Commonwealth Day sees the Brits, Aussies, Indians and Kiwis take out their sporting aggression before relaxing with lunch and tea and perhaps one or two cold beverages. A marquee is provided for the crowd who are always treated to an excellent game of cricket amidst the lush surroundings of the club's ground.
Batting: Inn No Runs HS Ave. M. Cawdron 4 2 125 50* 62.50 C. Greyling 6 3 174 52* 58.00 A. Cooper 3 1 65 34* 32.50 E. Cartledge 7 2 132 50* 26.40 K. Foster 5 1 90 40 22.25 N. Bryans 6 0 115 39 19.16 H. van Belle 4 0 63 43 15.75 D. Ilott 6 1 57 31* 11.40
Bowling; Overs M Runs W Ave. M. Cawdron 22.1 2 65 7 9.30 E. Cartledge 35 4 123 13 9.50 R. Kenyon 18.3 0 88 7 12.60 T. Gupta 15 2 72 5 14.40 D. Ilott 29 1 105 6 17.50 D. Choudhuri 20 1 105 6 17.50 H. van Belle 22 2 67 3 22.33