- not out11200100.00Extras11 (b 1, lb 1, nb 1, w 8)TOTAL226/6 (20 Overs, RR: 11.3)Fall of wickets: 1-110 (Manan Vohra, 10.4 ov), 2-148 (Glenn Maxwell, 12.6 ov), 3-211 (Virender Sehwag, 18.1 ov), 4-218 (George Bailey, 18.6 ov), 5-225 (David Miller, 19.3 ov), 6-226 (Wriddhiman Saha, 19.6 ov)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRb Sandeep Sharma711260063.63not out42314233135.48not out13170033.33Extras16 (b 4, lb 4, nb 2, w 6)TOTAL202/7 (20 Overs, RR: 10.1)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Faf du Plessis, 0.2 ov), 2-67 (Dwayne Smith, 4.6 ov), 3-100 (Suresh Raina, 6.1 ov), 4-140 (Brendon McCullum, 11.6 ov), 5-140 (Ravindra Jadeja, 12.1 ov), 6-142 (David Hussey, 12.5 ov), 7-167 (Ravichandran Ashwin, 16.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 70 runs, 0 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 4.2 overs (26 balls), Extras 2
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 26 balls (V Sehwag 26, M Vohra 23, Ex 2)
- V Sehwag: 50 off 21 balls (7 x 4, 2 x 6)
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 9.1 overs (55 balls), Extras 6
- 1st Wicket: 100 runs in 55 balls (V Sehwag 63, M Vohra 33, Ex 6)
- Kings XI Punjab: 150 runs in 13.2 overs (80 balls), Extras 10
- V Sehwag: 100 off 50 balls (10 x 4, 6 x 6)
- Kings XI Punjab: 200 runs in 17.2 overs (105 balls), Extras 11
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 27 balls (V Sehwag 20, DA Miller 31, Ex 1)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 3.5 overs (23 balls), Extras 2
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 22 balls (DR Smith 6, SK Raina 47, Ex 2)
- SK Raina: 50 off 16 balls (7 x 4, 4 x 6)
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 5.6 overs (37 balls), Extras 6
- Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 14.2 overs (87 balls), Extras 9
- Chennai Super Kings: 200 runs in 19.6 overs (122 balls), Extras 16
Sehwag showed us just how destructive he can be
MS Dhoni expressed disappointment at failing to make the IPL final after a brilliant platform set by Suresh Raina was wasted by the Chennai Super Kings middle order
Plays of the Day from the second qualifier match between Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab
Suresh Raina's 33-run assault off Parvinder Awana in the sixth over of Chennai Super Kings' 227-run chase against Kings XI Punjab in Mumbai
Tweet report from the IPL play-off between Kings XI Punjab and Chennai Super Kings
Kings XI will make their first final in seven seasons of IPL
No. of runs Mohit Sharma has scored in 39 IPL matches - the most games played a batsman without scoring a run in all T20 cricket.
The most runs scored by the last four wickets to win a match while chasing in all T20 cricket. Super Kings needed 87
No. of runs that Raina scored in the Powerplay - the most for any batsmen in all T20 cricket.
Percentage of runs Raina scored in boundaries - the second highest for a 85-100 score in all T20 cricket.
The only time that 100 runs have been scored in the Powerplay in all T20 cricket.
Raina's strike rate when he went past fifty - the highest in all IPL for an innings of 50+ runs (at the time).
No. of runs scored by Smith and Raina in all T20 cricket - both are among the top 10 run-getters in T20 cricket.
Super Kings' win percentage while chasing - the best for any IPL team (min. 15 matches)
The highest score that has been chased down in all T20 cricket (<b>Cape Cobras</b> v Titans) - Kings XI scored 226 today.
No of runs conceded by Ravindra Jadeja in his four overs. His most expensive outing in IPL history
No of wickets for Mohit Sharma - the season's highest. However, his economy (8.41) is the second worst among the top 15 wicket takers.
No. of times Sehwag has batted between the 15th and 20th overs in 95 IPL innings.
No of Indian batsmen who have now scored two IPL hundreds - Sehwag. and M Vijay
Kings XI's strike rate in the middle overs during the first 10 games - best for any team. In the last 5 games it has been 106 - the worst.