- not out61436270141.86not out44212843209.52Extras13 (lb 8, w 5)TOTAL193/4 (20 Overs, RR: 9.65)Fall of wickets: 1-28 (Usman Khawaja, 3.4 ov), 2-42 (David Warner, 5.1 ov), 3-57 (Aaron Finch, 7.2 ov), 4-119 (Glenn Maxwell, 13.4 ov)
- not out40203022200.00not out42310200.00Extras3 (b 1, lb 1, w 1)TOTAL172/8 (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)Fall of wickets: 1-20 (Ahmed Shehzad, 2.5 ov), 2-40 (Sharjeel Khan, 5.3 ov), 3-85 (Umar Akmal, 10.3 ov), 4-110 (Shahid Afridi, 13.2 ov), 5-147 (Khalid Latif, 17.3 ov), 6-147 (Imad Wasim, 17.4 ov), 7-164 (Sarfaraz Ahmed, 19.1 ov), 8-164 (Wahab Riaz, 19.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 52 runs, 2 wickets)
- Australia: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 5
- Australia: 100 runs in 12.1 overs (73 balls), Extras 6
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 34 balls (SPD Smith 23, GJ Maxwell 30, Ex 2)
- Australia: 150 runs in 16.6 overs (102 balls), Extras 9
- SPD Smith: 50 off 35 balls (5 x 4)
- 5th Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls (SPD Smith 20, SR Watson 31, Ex 2)
- Innings Break: Australia - 193/4 in 20.0 overs (SPD Smith 61, SR Watson 44)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 41 runs, 2 wickets)
- Pakistan: 50 runs in 6.4 overs (40 balls), Extras 1
- Pakistan: 100 runs in 12.4 overs (76 balls), Extras 2
- Pakistan: 150 runs in 17.6 overs (108 balls), Extras 2
James Faulkner produced Australia's maiden T20I five-for to help his side beat Pakistan by 21 runs in their World T20 match played in Mohali on Friday.
Stats highlights from the crucial match between Australia and Pakistan in the World T20 in Mohali
It was normal for Steven Smith but something else for everyone watching, an off-side leg glance that showed just how in control Australia's captain was
Pakistan coach Waqar Younis has rubbished all talks of rift in his side, and has urged everybody to not let these notions take away from the fact that Pakistan have not been playing good cricket
Australia have arrived as a force at the World Twenty20, just in time to wave goodbye to Pakistan, as they completed a 21-run win in Mohali
James Faulkner's figures in this match, which are the best for Australia in T20Is. He became the first bowler to take a five-wicket haul for Australia in T20Is.
Total runs scored by Khalid Latif in his first eight innings in T20Is, with a best of 13. He has gone past that aggregate in this match.
No. of wickets by Mohammad Amir in his previous four T20Is against Australia - 3 wickets in each match. He takes none today.
Steven Smith's average in five innings against Pakistan in T20Is, before this. His scores: 8, 0, 5, 12, 3. He doesn't have a lower ave than this against any other team.
No. of times Pak and Aus have faced each others in WT20, including today - 2nd-most between 2 teams. Only SL and WI have faced more - 7 times.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|