- not out1213311092.30not out44600100.00Extras5 (lb 4, w 1)TOTAL155/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.75)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Jason Roy, 0.2 ov), 2-8 (Alex Hales, 1.5 ov), 3-23 (Eoin Morgan, 4.4 ov), 4-84 (Jos Buttler, 11.2 ov), 5-110 (Ben Stokes, 13.4 ov), 6-110 (Moeen Ali, 13.6 ov), 7-111 (Joe Root, 14.1 ov), 8-136 (David Willey, 17.3 ov), 9-142 (Liam Plunkett, 18.3 ov)
- not out85669292128.78not out34102314340.00Extras9 (lb 3, w 6)TOTAL161/6 (19.4 Overs, RR: 8.18)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Johnson Charles, 1.1 ov), 2-5 (Chris Gayle, 1.3 ov), 3-11 (Lendl Simmons, 2.3 ov), 4-86 (Dwayne Bravo, 13.6 ov), 5-104 (Andre Russell, 15.1 ov), 6-107 (Darren Sammy, 15.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 33 runs, 3 wickets)
- England: 50 runs in 8.4 overs (52 balls), Extras 0
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 33 balls (JE Root 22, JC Buttler 28, Ex 0)
- JE Root: 50 off 33 balls (6 x 4)
- England: 100 runs in 12.5 overs (77 balls), Extras 0
- England: 150 runs in 19.3 overs (117 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: England - 155/9 in 20.0 overs (CJ Jordan 12, AU Rashid 4)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 37 runs, 3 wickets)
- West Indies: 50 runs in 8.5 overs (53 balls), Extras 4
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 49 balls (MN Samuels 36, DJ Bravo 9, Ex 5)
- MN Samuels: 50 off 47 balls (6 x 4)
- West Indies: 100 runs in 14.6 overs (90 balls), Extras 6
- West Indies: 150 runs in 19.3 overs (117 balls), Extras 9
- 7th Wicket: 50 runs in 25 balls (MN Samuels 18, CR Brathwaite 34, Ex 2)
Twelve months ago at Lord's, Surrey fell agonisingly short of glory in the Royal London Cup final, so you can expect them to be hyper-motivated when they get another crack at the cup on Saturday
The victory in Kolkata was followed by more combative words from both parties. Little will change till the administration is overhauled
Kohli is very good; so are England; and so is the art of running twos. Oh, and dew is water
England coach Trevor Bayliss has backed Ben Stokes to bounce back from the pain of being taken for four sixes by Carlos Brathwaite in the final over the World T20 final
No. of World T20 titles for West Indies. They are the only first team to win two such titles. They were the first to win two ODI World Cups as well.
Runs scored by West Indies in the 20th over to win, which is the most in T20Is. Australia had hit 23 vs Pakistan in Gros Islet in 2010.
No. of players who have scored two 50-plus in World T20 finals, including Samuels (2012 and 2016). Sangakkara had did it in 2009 and 2014.
Samuels' score in the World T20 final of 2012 against Sri Lanka in Colombo. He had scored 78 out of his team's 137.
No. of T20Is for Gayle. He is playing his 50th match of this format today. He is the 4th West Indies player to appear in 50 or more T20Is.
No. of wickets Brathwaite took in his first 7 T20Is, before this match conceding 189 runs in 20 overs. He took 3 for 23 in four overs today.
Badree's economy in this World T20, which is the best in this edition of the tournament and the fourth-best by a bowler in any World T20 bowling 20 or more overs.
Runs scored by England in Powerplays in this final - lowest for them in this World T20. They had scored at 9.12 runs per over in the Powerplays in first 5 games.
Morgan's average in this WT20, in 6 inns. He has scored 66 runs at SR of 111.86. In World Cup 2015, he had scored just 90 runs in 5 inns at ave of 18 and SR of 64.74.
No. of runs scored by England's openers in this match - joint-lowest for them in a T20I. Their openers had scored same amount of runs vs Aus, Manchester, 2009.