7th Match, C & U Series: India v Pakistan, Statistical Highlights
- It was the 1543rd ODI in cricket history.
- Sameer Dighe became only the second Indian 'keeper to
effect four dismissals in a WSC/C&U match after Kiran
More who had made four dismissals in two consecutive
matches at Perth on 06-12-1991 (v Australia) and on
08-12-1991 (v WestIndies).
- Debasish Mohanty, when dismissed Afridi, completed his 50
wickets in ODIs in his 39th match. He became 16th Indian
to do so.
- Sachin Tendulkar, on 52, surpassed Desmond Haynes' tally
of 8648 runs to become the second highest run-scorer in
game's history. Now only fellow Indian M Azharuddin
(9111 runs in 323 matches) has scored more runs than
- Sachin Tendulkar was dismissed in the nineties for the fourth
time in his career. He was dismissed for 90 against
Australia at Mumbai on 27-02-1996, for 91 against
England at Sharjah on 11-12-1997 and for 95 against
Pakistan at Dhaka on 14-01-1998.
- Tendulkar's innings equalled the highest individual
innings played by an Indian captain on Australian
soil. Mohammad Azharuddin had also made 93 against
Australia at Brisbane on 01-03-1992. It was also the
highest by any captain against Pakistan on Australian
soil beating Mark Taylor's 78 for Australia at Adelaide
- Tendulkar's innings was also the highest by any
captain in all matches played in Australia at number
one. He obliterated Australian skipper Mark Taylor's
90 against SriLanka at Sydney on 21-12-1995.
- Abdur Razzaq, when dismissed Anil Kumble, completed his
50 wickets in ODIs in his 36th match. He became 16th
Pakistani to do so. Razzaq also became 11th Pakistani
and 63rd allrounder in the world to aggregate 500 runs
and 50 wickets in a ODI career.
- Abdur Razzaq with his allround performance became first
Pakistani and only the fifth player in One-Day International history to score a fifty and capture five wickets
in the same match.
Here-under is the complete list :
119 & 5-41 I. V. A. Richards WI v NZ Dunedin 18-03-1987 70 & 5-27 K. Srikkanth IND v NZ Visakhapatnam 10-12-1988 57 & 5-24 M. E. Waugh AUS v WI Melbourne 15-12-1992 54 & 6-49 L. Klusener SA v SL Lahore 06-11-1997 70* & 5-43 Abdur Razzaq Pak v Ind Hobart 21-01-2000
- India's total (230) was the highest by any side batting
second on this ground obliterating Pakistan's 228 for 9
in 50 overs against Australia on 10-12-1992.
- Abdur Razzaq won his fourth MoM award.
© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.