- not out22700100.00Extras10 (lb 5, nb 1, w 4)TOTAL138/9 (20 Overs, RR: 6.9)Fall of wickets: 1-6 (Dinesh Chandimal, 2.2 ov), 2-15 (Shehan Jayasuriya, 3.4 ov), 3-31 (Tillakaratne Dilshan, 6.1 ov), 4-57 (Angelo Mathews, 10.6 ov), 5-100 (Milinda Siriwardana, 16.1 ov), 6-104 (Dasun Shanaka, 16.6 ov), 7-105 (Chamara Kapugedera, 17.2 ov), 8-125 (Thisara Perera, 18.4 ov), 9-138 (Nuwan Kulasekara, 19.6 ov)
- not out56478570119.14not out74701175.00Extras1 (w 1)TOTAL142/5 (19.2 Overs, RR: 7.34)Fall of wickets: 1-11 (Shikhar Dhawan, 1.6 ov), 2-16 (Rohit Sharma, 3.2 ov), 3-70 (Suresh Raina, 11.1 ov), 4-121 (Yuvraj Singh, 16.5 ov), 5-125 (Hardik Pandya, 17.5 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 31 runs, 2 wickets)
- Sri Lanka: 50 runs in 10.1 overs (61 balls), Extras 5
- Sri Lanka: 100 runs in 15.6 overs (96 balls), Extras 7
- Innings Break: Sri Lanka - 138/9 in 20.0 overs (PVD Chameera 2)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 37 runs, 2 wickets)
- India: 50 runs in 7.6 overs (48 balls), Extras 0
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 39 balls (V Kohli 27, SK Raina 23, Ex 0)
- India: 100 runs in 14.3 overs (87 balls), Extras 1
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 33 balls (V Kohli 15, Yuvraj Singh 35, Ex 1)
- V Kohli: 50 off 44 balls (6 x 4)
The Mirpur pitch, topped with a layer of grass, has tested batsmen but India have displayed impressive temperament and skill to build for the World T20
Yuvraj Singh, whose cameo helped India beat Sri Lanka and seal their spot in the Asia Cup final, has said that his 'flow' is back
Sri Lanka's stand-in T20 captain Angelo Mathews has said that the seniors have not delivered, which has put their Asia Cup final chances in jeopardy
Virat Kohli stroked his third fifty in as many T20s against Sri Lanka to send his team cruising to the Asia Cup final, after a tight bowling performance had restrained the opposition to 138 for 9
R Ashwin believes Ashish Nehra and Jasprit Bumrah's ability to swing the ball in the Powerplay and hamper the batsmen later in the innings, has given India a whole new dimension to their attack
No. of half-centuries for Virat Kohli against Sri Lanka in T20Is, in as many innings. His scores against them: 68, 77 and 56*.
Virat Kohli's average while chasing in T20Is, before this match. He averages just 35.88 when batting first. 7 of his 12 50s have also come when chasing.
Average opening stand in the 7 games of this Asia Cup. Only twice there has been an opening stand of more than 20 runs in 14 innings.
Runs scored by Sri Lanka in the first ten overs - their second-lowest in T20Is when batting first. They were 43 for 7 vs SA, Cape Town, World T20 2007.
Dilshan's average in T20Is this year, including today's innings. He has scored 86 runs in 7 innings. In his last two T20Is in 2015, he made half-centuries in both.
No. of innings in this Asia Cup (main round), where the teams lost at least 2 wickets in the powerplays, including today, in 13 innings.
No. of tosses won by India in recent 4 T20Is, including today. Incidentally, they had called it right only once in 13 T20Is before that.