- not out861010133.33not out55700100.00Extras7 (b 2, lb 3, nb 1, w 1)TOTAL118/5 (18 Overs, RR: 6.55)Fall of wickets: 1-38 (Sharjeel Khan, 7.4 ov), 2-46 (Ahmed Shehzad, 9.2 ov), 3-60 (Shahid Afridi, 11.5 ov), 4-101 (Umar Akmal, 15.5 ov), 5-105 (Shoaib Malik, 16.2 ov)
- not out55376671148.64not out1391501144.44Extras11 (lb 3, nb 1, w 7)TOTAL119/4 (15.5 Overs, RR: 7.51)Fall of wickets: 1-14 (Rohit Sharma, 2.1 ov), 2-23 (Shikhar Dhawan, 4.3 ov), 3-23 (Suresh Raina, 4.4 ov), 4-84 (Yuvraj Singh, 11.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Wet Ground: Pakistan - 0/0
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 5.0 (Mandatory - 24 runs, 0 wicket)
- Pakistan: 50 runs in 9.3 overs (57 balls), Extras 3
- Pakistan: 100 runs in 15.3 overs (94 balls), Extras 5
- Innings Break: Pakistan - 118/5 in 18.0 overs (Sarfraz Ahmed 8, Mohammad Hafeez 5)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 5.0 (Mandatory - 23 runs, 3 wickets)
- India: 50 runs in 8.3 overs (52 balls), Extras 9
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 37 balls (V Kohli 30, Yuvraj Singh 16, Ex 5)
- India: 100 runs in 14.1 overs (86 balls), Extras 11
- V Kohli: 50 off 34 balls (6 x 4, 1 x 6)
Shahid Afridi has been branded an "absolutely clueless" captain in a report submitted by Pakistan team manager Intikhab Alam in the wake of the team's poor World T20 and Asia Cup campaigns
It was feared that T20 would ruin batting, and cricket in general. But two recent innings give us a glimpse of a more beautiful future
Pakistan allrounder Shoaid Malik says the team's batting must improve and praised Virat Kohli for his match-winning fifty on a tricky pitch in Kolkata
Their crushing defeat to New Zealand was a jolt they needed to refocus, and against Pakistan they played like tournament favourites
After his match-winning 55 against Pakistan in Kolkata, Virat Kohli spoke of the disappointment of the failed chase against New Zealand, the importance of playing proper shots, and his emotional celebration
India's win-loss record against Pakistan in all World Cup matches. They defeated them 6 times in ODIs and this was the 5th in T20Is.
Virat Kohli's average while chasing in T20Is, before this match. He has scored 781 runs in 17 innings with 8 half-centuries and remaining not out 7 times.
No. of players who completed 1000 T20I runs at a younger age than Ahmed Shehzad's 24y years 117 days. Umar Akmal got there at 23 years, 180 days.
Consecutive T20Is where India had picked at least 2 wickets in the first 6 overs of the innings, before this game. They failed to take even one wicket this match.
No. of players who have scored 1000-plus runs for Pakistan in T20Is - most for any team in the format. India have four such players, second-most.
No. of players who have appeared in all the 8 T20Is between India and Pakistan - MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh, Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik.
India's win-loss record against Pakistan in World Cup matches - 6 in ODI WC and 4 in WC T20. Also India have 6-1 win-loss record vs Pakistan in T20Is.