- not out29204021145.00not out00100-Extras6 (lb 2, w 4)TOTAL209/5 (20 Overs, RR: 10.45)Fall of wickets: 1-25 (Hashim Amla, 2.4 ov), 2-90 (Faf du Plessis, 9.4 ov), 3-97 (Quinton de Kock, 11.4 ov), 4-173 (AB de Villiers, 17.3 ov), 5-203 (David Miller, 19.5 ov)
- not out3660050.00Extras7 (lb 1, w 6)TOTAL172 all out (20 Overs, RR: 8.6)Fall of wickets: 1-52 (Mohammad Shahzad, 3.6 ov), 2-60 (Asghar Afghan, 5.2 ov), 3-105 (Gulbadin Naib, 10.3 ov), 4-109 (Noor Ali Zadran, 11.5 ov), 5-140 (Mohammad Nabi, 15.1 ov), 6-156 (Najibullah Zadran, 16.6 ov), 7-156 (Samiullah Shinwari, 17.1 ov), 8-167 (Rashid Khan, 18.3 ov), 9-169 (Dawlat Zadran, 18.6 ov), 10-172 (Shapoor Zadran, 19.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 66 runs, 1 wicket)
- South Africa: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 1
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 29 balls (Q de Kock 20, F du Plessis 30, Ex 1)
- South Africa: 100 runs in 12.1 overs (73 balls), Extras 1
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 28 balls (AB de Villiers 34, JP Duminy 14, Ex 3)
- South Africa: 150 runs in 16.3 overs (99 balls), Extras 4
- AB de Villiers: 50 off 24 balls (4 x 4, 3 x 6)
- South Africa: 200 runs in 19.4 overs (118 balls), Extras 6
- Innings Break: South Africa - 209/5 in 20.0 overs (JP Duminy 29, D Wiese 0)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 64 runs, 2 wickets)
- Afghanistan: 50 runs in 3.4 overs (22 balls), Extras 3
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 22 balls (Mohammad Shahzad 44, Noor Ali Zadran 4, Ex 3)
- Afghanistan: 100 runs in 9.4 overs (58 balls), Extras 4
- Afghanistan: 150 runs in 16.2 overs (98 balls), Extras 6
For a brief moment, while Mohammad Shahzad was cutting loose, Faf du Plessis admitted he was a touch worried as his new-ball bowlers again went the distance
Belief and audacity in the face of daunting challenges define Afghanistan's players - especially a particular opening batsman - and their fans, and it is a stirring sight
An unconvincing South Africa survived a spirited Afghanistan chase to defend a 200-plus score and get their World Twenty20 campaign back on track
Mohammad Shahzad believes his side would have come even closer to their first win of the Super 10s had Dale Steyn not been dropped for tactical reasons
Afghanistan's captain, Asghar Stanikzai, has said that his team will be in it to win it when they face South Africa at the Wankhede Stadium on Sunday
No. of higher totals by associate teams against top-eight teams, than Afghanistan's 172 in this match. Netherlands had made 163 for 6 against Engand in WT20 2010.
Runs scored by Afghanistan in the Powerplays, which is their most against a full-member side and joint third-highest overall in T20Is.
No. of teams who had scored 200 or more twice in a single World T20 edition, before this. South Africa became the first to do so in this: 229 v Eng, 209 v Afg.
Average Powerplay score for SA in their recent 4 T20Is, including this match. They scored 62 & 68 vs Aus in last 2 T20Is, 83 v Eng in last match and 66 today.
No. of times SA and Afg faced each other in T20Is, before this match. That was in Bridgetown in the 2010 World T20, which was won by SA by 59 runs.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|