Jamaica 230 (Parchment 52, Badree 3-36) beat Trinidad and Tobago 202 (Simmons 64, Taylor 3-37) by 28 runs

Jamaica broke their eight-year limited-overs title drought with a 28-run victory against defending champions Trinidad and Tobago in the final of the KFC Cup, played under lights at the 3Ws Oval in Bridgetown. The victory was fashioned by a three-wicket haul by West Indies fast bowler Jerome Taylor and some stupendous fielding by Shaun Findlay as Jamaica defended a middle-of-the-road score of 230.

Jamaica were sent into bat and opener Brenton Parchment top-scored with 52 off 67 balls. Besides Parchment, the rest failed to convert their starts and Jamaica were in a bit of trouble at 103 for 5 after legspinner Samuel Badree struck twice in quick succession. The lower order then chipped in to help the side recover to 230, with Taylor scoring a useful 18 as well.

T&T were in trouble early on at 36 for 3 after Taylor took two early wickets with the new ball. Lendl Simmons led the recovery with a half-century, taking the score to 130 for 4, before Findlay halted their charge. He took a brilliant one-handed catch at long-off to dismiss Kieron Pollard for 27, accounted for Simmons with a direct hit from from cover and then sent back Rayad Emrit with a diving catch at cover. The wheels came off with the score at 171 for 7 and T&T could only manage 202.

Speaking after the match, Jamaican captain Chris Gayle said: ""Thank the Almighty for this day. Well done to the team, the management and coaching staff. Everyone played their part."

Taylor, ignored for the ICC World Twenty20, was understandably thrilled about his own performance after working his way back into form and fitness.

"It was a period to reflect on what was happening and I did some soul searching and analysed what direction things were going," he told the Jamaica Gleaner. "I had to reflect on my fitness and my energy levels and see how I can become stronger physically and mentally. I knew I had to dig deep and give 110%."