- not out1281610150.00not out21100200.00Extras14 (b 1, lb 10, nb 1, w 2)TOTAL150/7 (20 Overs, RR: 7.5)Fall of wickets: 1-20 (Brendon McCullum, 1.2 ov), 2-38 (Suresh Raina, 3.6 ov), 3-71 (Dwayne Smith, 8.1 ov), 4-100 (Faf du Plessis, 12.2 ov), 5-117 (Ravindra Jadeja, 15.2 ov), 6-120 (Dwayne Bravo, 16.4 ov), 7-148 (MS Dhoni, 19.5 ov)
- not out73559981132.72not out00400-Extras5 (w 5)TOTAL149/9 (20 Overs, RR: 7.45)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (Chidhambaram Gautam, 2.3 ov), 2-20 (Mayank Agarwal, 2.6 ov), 3-39 (Shreyas Iyer, 4.6 ov), 4-87 (Kedar Jadhav, 13.1 ov), 5-99 (Yuvraj Singh, 14.3 ov), 6-106 (Jean-Paul Duminy, 15.4 ov), 7-123 (Nathan Coulter-Nile, 17.4 ov), 8-129 (Amit Mishra, 18.4 ov), 9-137 (Imran Tahir, 19.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 59 runs, 2 wickets)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (32 balls), Extras 11
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 12.1 overs (74 balls), Extras 13
- Chennai Super Kings: 150 runs in 19.6 overs (121 balls), Extras 14
- Innings Break: Chennai Super Kings - 150/7 in 20.0 overs (R Ashwin 12, MM Sharma 2)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 40 runs, 3 wickets)
- Delhi Daredevils: 50 runs in 7.5 overs (47 balls), Extras 1
- Delhi Daredevils: 100 runs in 14.4 overs (88 balls), Extras 3
- JA Morkel: 50 off 43 balls (6 x 4)
Domnic Joseph Muthuswami, who till four years ago was primarily a tennis-ball cricketer, impressed on his IPL debut not only with two decent overs up front but also with the 17th over he bowled against Chennai Super Kings last week
MS Dhoni's batting has shown signs of decline. The big hits have grown less frequent and there is a definite sense that we are seeing a most singular career winding down
A round-up of all IPL related news on April 10, 2015
For six seasons, Chennai had cheered Albie Morkel as one of their own. Now he seemed to have hit the winning six against their team. Or had he? By the narrowest of margins, Morkel missed out as the ball bounced just inside the rope
Plays of the day from the match between Chennai Super Kings and Delhi Daredevils in Chennai
No. of times CSK have defended totals of 150 or less in the IPL - only KKR (7) have defended such totals more often.
Balls taken by Albie Morkel for his fifty - his previous-two IPL fifties had come in 26 balls.
Number of dismissals for MS Dhoni in the IPL, the joint-most for any keeper, with Adam Gilchrist.
Number of times Delhi have successfully chased down a 150+ target, the fewest among teams that have played in all IPLs
Number of times Mishra has had a batsman stumped in the IPL, four more than any other bowler.
Number of times Mishra has dismissed Jadeja in T20s, more than he has dismissed any other batsmen
Number of consecutive IPL seasons where MS Dhoni has captained his side. No other player has done this.
T20s played by Albie Morkel, more than any other player, going past Kieron Pollard (267).
Runs scored in the first over, the most ever for Super Kings in the first over of a T20 match.
Average opening stand for CSK in IPL 2014, by far the best for any team that season.