- not out00100-Extras4 (w 4)TOTAL175/6 (20 Overs, RR: 8.75)Fall of wickets: 1-63 (KL Rahul, 7.3 ov), 2-64 (Virat Kohli, 7.5 ov), 3-67 (Shane Watson, 8.4 ov), 4-155 (AB de Villiers, 17.5 ov), 5-174 (Travis Head, 19.5 ov), 6-175 (Sachin Baby, 19.6 ov)
- not out34224831154.54not out971910128.57Extras5 (lb 3, w 2)TOTAL174/4 (20 Overs, RR: 8.7)Fall of wickets: 1-45 (Hashim Amla, 5.3 ov), 2-88 (Wriddhiman Saha, 10.5 ov), 3-88 (David Miller, 10.6 ov), 4-139 (Murali Vijay, 16.6 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 56 runs, 0 wicket)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 50 runs in 5.1 overs (31 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 31 balls (V Kohli 14, KL Rahul 38, Ex 1)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 100 runs in 13.4 overs (82 balls), Extras 1
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 41 balls (AB de Villiers 29, Sachin Baby 25, Ex 0)
- AB de Villiers: 50 off 30 balls (4 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Royal Challengers Bangalore: 150 runs in 17.2 overs (104 balls), Extras 1
- Innings Break: Royal Challengers Bangalore - 175/6 in 20.0 overs (STR Binny 0)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 50 runs, 1 wicket)
- Kings XI Punjab: 50 runs in 5.6 overs (36 balls), Extras 4
- M Vijay: 50 off 36 balls (5 x 4, 1 x 6)
- Kings XI Punjab: 100 runs in 12.5 overs (77 balls), Extras 4
- 4th Wicket: 50 runs in 33 balls (M Vijay 42, MP Stoinis 8, Ex 1)
- Kings XI Punjab: 150 runs in 17.6 overs (108 balls), Extras 5
Royal Challengers Bangalore allrounder Shane Watson has said that the manner of his dismissal had influenced his plan to focus on bowling variations and cutters against Kings XI Punjab in Mohali on Monday
AB de Villiers scored a quick fire 35-ball 64 that helped Bangalore narrowly edge out Punjab by one run in their Indian Twenty20 league encounter played in Chandigarh on Monday.
AB de Villiers struck 64 and Shane Watson picked up figures of 2 for 22 to help Royal Challengers Bangalore pull off a one-run win against Kings XI Punjab in Mohali
No. of tosses won by KXIP and RCB in this IPL - least among the 8 teams. Both the teams are placed at the bottom in points table - 7th RCB and 8th KXIP.
No. of matches missed by Anureet Singh for KXIP in the last IPL season. He's playing his first game of this season in KXIP's 10th match.
No. of opening stands of 50+ runs for RCB in their previous 13 matches. Kohli and Rahul have shared 2 consecutive 50+ stands with this match.
No. of balls in which RCB lost their 3 wickets - Rahul, Kohli and Watson. They reduced from 63 for no loss to 67 for 3.
Runs added by AB de Villiers and Sachin Baby for the 4th wicket. This is RCB's second 50+ stand for 4th wicket in successive matches.
No. of 170+ totals in Mohali this IPL - joint second-most at a venue. Only Chinnaswamy (8) has had more such totals; also 4 170+ totals in Pune & Mumbai.
No. of ducks for Miller in IPL, before this game. He was the only player with 1000+ runs without a duck in IPL. He's only the 4th player to get out stumped off first ball.
No. of 50+ scores for Murali Vijay as captain, in 4 innings in this IPL. His previous 2 T20 fifties took 27 innings.
No. of higher scores by a KXIP captain than Vijay's 89 in this match - 106 by Gilchrist, also vs RCB.
No. of matches ended with a margin of 1 run in this IPL. There was just one such result in last 3 IPLs. KXIP have involved in 3 such results - won 2, lost 1.