- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Hudson b Donald02124000.00b McMillan1351750025.49b Adams661792618036.87c McMillan b Donald2043453046.51c McMillan b Donald2310066.66c McMillan b Pollock957781015.78lbw b Pollock119620122.22b Donald1633532048.48c Hudson b Donald066000.00not out58121062.50b Adams1350033.33Extras10 (b 4, lb 1, nb 4, w 1)TOTAL153 all out (68.1 Overs, RR: 2.24)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Mike Atherton), 2-24 (Alec Stewart), 3-58 (Graham Thorpe), 4-60 (Graeme Hick), 5-103 (Jack Russell), 6-115 (Mike Watkinson), 7-141 (Dominic Cork), 8-147 (Peter Martin), 9-151 (Robin Smith), 10-153 (Devon Malcolm)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Atherton b Watkinson23991563023.23lbw b Cork0510000.00c †Russell b Cork1233332036.36c †Russell b Martin621342047046.26c †Russell b Fraser1670990022.85run out1129482037.93lbw b Martin7651171010.76not out54981725055.10c Smith b Watkinson424170016.66c †Russell b Cork312120025.00c Hick b Martin2938653076.31Extras23 (lb 22, nb 1)TOTAL244 all out (101 Overs, RR: 2.41)Fall of wickets: 1-1 (Andrew Hudson), 2-19 (Hansie Cronje), 3-79 (Gary Kirsten), 4-125 (Daryll Cullinan), 5-125 (Jonty Rhodes), 6-144 (Brian McMillan), 7-154 (Jacques Kallis), 8-163 (Shaun Pollock), 9-171 (Allan Donald), 10-244 (Paul Adams)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Richardson b Donald1015181066.66c Cullinan b Pollock739481017.94c Adams b Donald12434004.16c †Richardson b Adams1336571036.11run out591261618046.82lbw b Pollock3679964245.56c Hudson b Pollock2410050.00lbw b Adams046000.00c Kallis b Pollock89142088.88c Adams b Pollock935310025.71not out01117000.00Extras12 (b 2, lb 5, nb 5)TOTAL157 all out (62.5 Overs, RR: 2.49)Fall of wickets: 1-16 (Mike Atherton), 2-22 (Alec Stewart), 3-22 (Angus Fraser), 4-66 (Robin Smith), 5-138 (Graeme Hick), 6-140 (Jack Russell), 7-140 (Graham Thorpe), 8-140 (Mike Watkinson), 9-150 (Dominic Cork), 10-157 (Peter Martin)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out4148638085.41not out2744635061.36Extras2 (lb 1, nb 1)TOTAL70/0 (15.4 Overs, RR: 4.46)
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
- Tue, 02 Jan - day 1 - South Africa 1st innings 44/2 (G Kirsten 14*, DJ Cullinan 7*)
- Wed, 03 Jan - day 2 - England 2nd innings 17/1 (AJ Stewart 4*, ARC Fraser 0*)
- Thu, 04 Jan - day 3 - South Africa 2nd innings 70/0 (15.4 ov) - end of match
- On Thorpe's run out, umpire Orchard initially gave not out
- but consulted TV replay after discussions with Cronje, and
- reversed his decision.
- Tea taken early at fall of England's 10th wicket.
- AA Donald awarded Man of the Series for 'contributing the
- most towards South Africa winning the series'.
- Following the presentations, commentator Jack Bannister
- honoured his pre-series promise that he would "eat this
- piece of paper if South Africa win the series".
- Scheduled 5th day of Test replaced by a day/night limited
- overs match versus Western Province.
- South Africa's first series win at home against England since
- Lunch RSA 109-3, DC 53* JR9*
- After bowling 3 overs for 17 runs,Fraser bowled 6 successive
- maidens in the afternoon session.
- McMillan run out by Cork
- Tea RSA 148-6 (JK 7* DR 2*)
- New ball taken after 84 overs
He'd played two first-class when he made his Test debut and his action was extraordinary. Paul Adams certainly made an impression