- not out23152521153.33not out1771502242.85Extras16 (b 5, lb 8, w 3)TOTAL145/5 (20 Overs, RR: 7.25)Fall of wickets: 1-15 (Shikhar Dhawan, 2.2 ov), 2-15 (David Warner, 2.4 ov), 3-67 (KL Rahul, 10.3 ov), 4-98 (Venugopal Rao, 14.6 ov), 5-109 (Aaron Finch, 17.2 ov)
- not out1314331092.85not out3470075.00Extras4 (lb 4)TOTAL146/5 (19.3 Overs, RR: 7.48)Fall of wickets: 1-85 (Brendon McCullum, 10.5 ov), 2-114 (Suresh Raina, 13.6 ov), 3-126 (Dwayne Smith, 15.3 ov), 4-127 (Faf du Plessis, 15.5 ov), 5-138 (Ravindra Jadeja, 18.3 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 37 runs, 2 wickets)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 50 runs in 7.4 overs (46 balls), Extras 7
- 3rd Wicket: 50 runs in 44 balls (AJ Finch 21, KL Rahul 24, Ex 5)
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: 100 runs in 15.2 overs (92 balls), Extras 13
- Innings Break: Sunrisers Hyderabad - 145/5 in 20.0 overs (DJG Sammy 23, KV Sharma 17)
- Powerplay 1: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 47 runs, 0 wicket)
- Chennai Super Kings: 50 runs in 6.3 overs (39 balls), Extras 3
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 39 balls (DR Smith 23, BB McCullum 24, Ex 3)
- DR Smith: 50 off 37 balls (4 x 4, 3 x 6)
- Chennai Super Kings: 100 runs in 12.2 overs (74 balls), Extras 3
Dwayne Smith top-scored with a quick fire 66 from just 46 balls to help Chennai beat Hyderabad by five wickets in the Indian T20 league match played on Sunday.
The heat, the frenzy, and the broken chairs - all made you feel like you had gone back in time
Chennai Super Kings experienced a wobble at the end of their chase against Sunrisers Hyderabad, but still managed to get home, making it four wins in five games
ESPNcricinfo picks the Plays of the Day from the IPL match between Sunrisers Hyderabad and Chennai Super Kings
Karn Sharma, the leggie, hopes to draw inspiration from his last year's impressive outings against the Chennai Super Kings to help the Sunrisers Hyderabad register their maiden victory over the most successful IPL team
No. of times that CSK have successfully chased down a score of 145 or less in the IPL (in 14 attempts)
No.of times Ishant Sharma has now dismissed Ravindra Jadeja in 5 IPL innings. Jadeja only strikes it at 93 against Ishant in the IPL.
MS Dhoni’s strike rate against Dale Steyn in the IPL (77 runs of 43 balls)
No. of times Dwayne Smith has made a 50+ score in his last eight IPL innings.
No. of times that CSK have scored more runs than today without losing a wicket in the first 10 overs of a chase (they got 96/0 against KKR in 2012).
Dwayne Smith’s strike rate against Amit Mishra in the IPL before this match (38 runs of 22 balls)
No. of times that Karn Sharma had dismissed any of CSK's top order batsmen before today
No. of times that CSK have not lost a wicket in the powerplay out of 41 chases
Karn Sharma’s economy rate in the IPL – this is the fifth best for any spinner after Narine, Ashwin, Kumble and Iqbal Abdulla (minimum 15 innings)
Number of times that Dale Steyn has dismissed Brendon McCullum in 2 IPL innings.
Dwayne Smith's strike rate against Bhuvneshwar Kumar in all T20 cricket before this match (1 run of 16 balls)
No. of times that the Sunrisers have successfully defended a total of 150 or less (in 7 attempts).
No. of times Darren Sammy has now remained not out in his last 10 T20 innings