- not out46140066.66Extras11 (b 1, lb 4, w 6)TOTAL153/8 (20 Overs, RR: 7.65)Fall of wickets: 1-17 (Martin Guptill, 2.1 ov), 2-91 (Kane Williamson, 10.3 ov), 3-107 (Colin Munro, 13.2 ov), 4-134 (Ross Taylor, 16.3 ov), 5-139 (Luke Ronchi, 17.3 ov), 6-139 (Corey Anderson, 17.4 ov), 7-150 (Mitchell Santner, 19.2 ov), 8-153 (Mitchell McClenaghan, 19.6 ov)
- not out27223830122.72not out32172023188.23Extras2 (lb 1, w 1)TOTAL159/3 (17.1 Overs, RR: 9.26)Fall of wickets: 1-82 (Alex Hales, 8.2 ov), 2-110 (Jason Roy, 12.1 ov), 3-110 (Eoin Morgan, 12.2 ov)
Player Of The Match
Hours of play (local time)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 51 runs, 1 wicket)
- New Zealand: 50 runs in 5.4 overs (34 balls), Extras 3
- 2nd Wicket: 50 runs in 36 balls (KS Williamson 25, C Munro 21, Ex 4)
- New Zealand: 100 runs in 12.2 overs (74 balls), Extras 7
- New Zealand: 150 runs in 18.6 overs (114 balls), Extras 9
- Innings Break: New Zealand - 153/8 in 20.0 overs (GD Elliott 4)
- Powerplay: Overs 0.1 - 6.0 (Mandatory - 67 runs, 0 wicket)
- England: 50 runs in 4.2 overs (26 balls), Extras 1
- 1st Wicket: 50 runs in 26 balls (JJ Roy 34, AD Hales 15, Ex 1)
- JJ Roy: 50 off 26 balls (9 x 4, 1 x 6)
- England: 100 runs in 10.2 overs (62 balls), Extras 2
- England: 150 runs in 16.5 overs (101 balls), Extras 2
Grant Elliott, the New Zealand allrounder who played a starring role in his country's run to the World Cup final in 2015, is to announce his retirement from international cricket
A 44-ball 78 from Jason Roy helped England beat New Zealand by an impressive seven-wicket margin to qualify for the Final of the World Twenty20 in Delhi on Wednesday.
Jason Roy's first Twenty20 international fifty helped England track down New Zealand's target and he said he hoped the team had proved their critics wrong
Stats highlights from England's comfortable semi-final win against New Zealand
Australia need only a draw to become the world' No. 1 ranked Test team, but they must contend with overseas inconsistency, a green pitch, and a Brendon McCullum farewell
No. of tosses lost by New Zealand in the Super 10s. They batted first in all four and won all. They are batting first in this match as well despite losing the toss.
No. of pairs that have added 1000+ p'ship runs in T20Is. Guptill-Williamson became the 2nd to do today. First was Warner-Watson; they have 1154 runs.
No. of times in their last ten partnerships Williamson-Guptill had added 50-plus runs, before this. They added only 17 runs today.
Economy of England spinners in the Super 10 stage - worst among all teams. New Zealand spinners have the best economy (5.12).
Runs scored by New Zealand in the last ten overs. They were 89 for 1 at the end of tenth over but lost seven wickets in the second half.
Runs scored by NZ in the last four overs, which is the lowest by any team against England in T20Is (playing all 4 overs). They lost five wickets and hit just 2 boundaries.
No. of balls required by Jason Roy to complete his half-century - second-fastest for England in World T20s. Fastest is in 25 balls by Morgan vs WI, 2012.
|Super 10 Group 1|
|Super 10 Group 2|
|First Round Group A|
|First Round Group B|