- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc Lara b Ambrose032000.00run out (Chanderpaul/Adams)25180040.00c †Browne b Simmons1765822026.15c Campbell b Ambrose791702248146.47c †Browne b Ambrose12019005.00not out8716423512053.04b Ambrose715181046.66c Simmons b Ambrose011000.00c †Browne b Bishop929410031.03c †Browne b Bishop1527282055.55c Ambrose b Bishop032000.00Extras26 (lb 10, nb 14, w 2)TOTAL243 all out (80 Overs, RR: 3.03, 344 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-0 (Matthew Hayden), 2-7 (Mark Taylor), 3-45 (Greg Blewett), 4-49 (Steve Waugh), 5-169 (Mark Waugh), 6-186 (Ian Healy), 7-186 (Paul Reiffel), 8-216 (Shane Warne), 9-243 (Andy Bichel), 10-243 (Glenn McGrath)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Healy b Reiffel2144523047.72c ME Waugh b Warne7622833210033.33c Reiffel b McGrath317190017.64c †Healy b Warne13218322322172.13c †Healy b Reiffel578312410068.67c †Healy b McGrath1831402058.06c ME Waugh b Reiffel053000.00c Warne b Reiffel032000.00c Taylor b Reiffel1344671029.54run out (†Healy)1544521034.09not out511260045.45Extras44 (b 5, lb 10, nb 28, w 1)TOTAL384 all out (111 Overs, RR: 3.45, 478 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-30 (Sherwin Campbell), 2-43 (Shivnarine Chanderpaul), 3-251 (Brian Lara), 4-275 (Robert Samuels), 5-331 (Jimmy Adams), 6-332 (Phil Simmons), 7-332 (Courtney Browne), 8-359 (Carl Hooper), 9-367 (Ian Bishop), 10-384 (Sir Curtly Ambrose)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRc †Browne b Ambrose11314007.69lbw b Hooper471021404046.07b Ambrose018000.00c †Browne b Walsh933482027.27c Hooper b Walsh067000.00c Simmons b Walsh1531423048.38c Chanderpaul b Walsh2931425093.54c Adams b Walsh5651083.33c Simmons b Bishop3053774056.60c Samuels b Bishop1831472058.06not out2660033.33Extras38 (b 2, lb 8, nb 22, w 6)TOTAL194 all out (47.3 Overs, RR: 4.08, 226 minutes)Fall of wickets: 1-7 (Mark Taylor), 2-17 (Greg Blewett), 3-43 (Mark Waugh), 4-48 (Steve Waugh), 5-84 (Michael Bevan), 6-105 (Matthew Hayden), 7-110 (Paul Reiffel), 8-133 (Ian Healy), 9-189 (Andy Bichel), 10-194 (Shane Warne)
- BATSMENRBM4s6sSRnot out1628444057.14not out3538448092.10Extras6 (lb 2, nb 3, w 1)TOTAL57/0 (10.3 Overs, RR: 5.42)
Australia , elected to bat first
Player Of The Match
Player Of The Series
Australia won the 5-match series 3-2
1,2,3 February 1997 (5-day match)
- Sat, 01 Feb - day 1 - West Indies 1st innings 25/0 (SL Campbell 20*, RG Samuels 0*)
- Sun, 02 Feb - day 2 - West Indies 1st innings 353/7 (CL Hooper 57*, IR Bishop 5*)
- Mon, 03 Feb - day 3 - West Indies 2nd innings 57/0 (10.3 ov) - end of match
- BC Lara acted as a runner for the whole of CA Walsh's innings
- Due to injury, CA Walsh bowled right arm medium pace to medium-fast throughout the whole Australian second innings
- CA Ambrose's 9th over included 9 no balls.
- CA Ambrose's 3rd and last Test at Perth, finishing with figures of 106.3-28-310-24 @ 12.91, including a 5-wicket haul in each 1st innings. This is the most wickets by a visiting bowler at Perth (next best: RJ Hadlee 18 wickets).
- West Indies' 5th win from 5 Tests played at the WACA Ground, including 4 matches where they did not lose a second innings wicket.
- Australia's 14th consecutive Test without a draw, its longest run of such results since 18 Tests in 1930-34.
- RG Samuels hit 1 five
- CL Hooper hit 1 five
- CA Walsh was off the field for the rest of the Australian innings after bowling 9 overs. Substitute fielder was RIC Holder
- Due to the intense heat, IR Bishop and CEL Ambrose bowled their overs in the 3rd session in 1 over spells.